Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

1.20.2009

Frugal Tip: Time Saving Wrinkle Releaser Recipe


It's certainly no secret how much I hate to iron. I avoid it like the plague. Who has time to iron these days anyway? I feel lucky to even get the laundry done! Enter Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Have you used this stuff? It works, but the problem is that it's not cheap! I used to buy Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Those were the unfrugal days, the wasteful me. Now I have my own recipe for wrinkle releaser and it works BETTER than Downy. Here's my "recipe":
~~~~~
Homemade Wrinkle Releaser
2-3 Tablespoons Fabric softner
Water to fill spray bottle
~~~~~
Place 2-3 Tablespoons any brand fabric softner into spray bottle. Fill with water. Shake well. Spray lightly on wrinkled clothing. Shake clothing. Hang to dry. This works great and smells wonderful!
~~~~
What is your best frugal tip? Leave a comment and let us know, or send me an email and you could be my next guest post!

Frugal Tip: Time Saving Wrinkle Releaser RecipeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great tip. My husband loves the Downy wrinkle release and I haven't found a cheaper trick yet. I will be trying this as soon as the bottle is empty.

Shawn said...

Michelle....thanks for this great idea! I always wanted to try the Downy but was always too cheap :) I will be trying this out! I HATE ironing as you do!

Nonna said...

I wait for the dryer to beep and send my Hubs shirts to be laundered...this is great...thanks !

Liliana said...

I can't wait to give this a try today, since I have two loads ready to iron. Do you use it in the clothe that is already dry? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Fabric softener tips -
Those dryer sheets are totally reusable in the dryer again a few times.
Since they are manufactured by adding fabric softener to the little sheets and drying them before selling them to you, you can figure out the rest.
Put a dryer sheet in water for hand washables and you'll see how much fabric softener comes out!
Make your own dryer sheets by pouring a dab of liquid fabric softener on one fourth of a piece of paper towel and put that in the dryer.

Anonymous said...

Does the fabric softener have to be clear?

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.