Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

1.31.2009

Got Razors?


It was razor week at CVS! All the great coupons expired today so I did my best to use them. I still have several left! I did three transactions to get what's pictured above. I combined the razors and shampoo with other items I bought: Pepsi, Stacey's Pita Chips (using the $1.50 off coupons), and a curling iron (I needed it!). In the end I spent 90 CENTS and still have around $30 in ECB! I was the lucky recipient of a $5/30 AND a $10/50 CRT, so that helped. I used several CRT coupons to turn the razor deal into a moneymaker of $2, plus I got the Gillette Shampoo for free with coupons. It was a good week!
I'm not thrilled with the deals this coming week but may venture out for one trip if we are not hit by the MEGA SNOWSTORM that is coming up the East coast! Here is a scenario or two!
~~~~~~
Scenario #1:
Excedrin 10 ct. Vial $2.49
2 Loreal Towelettes @ $5.99 each=$11.98
Subtotal: $14.47
-$4 (2 Loreal Coupons)
Total: $10.47
Pay $10 in ECB and $.47 in cash
GET $12.49 in ECB ($10 for Loreal & $2.49 for Excedrin)
MONEYMAKER OF $2.02 or more with CRTs
~~~~~~
Scenario #2
Children's Asprin $1.99
Earrinse $7.99
4 Stayfree Pads @ $3.99 each, total $15.96
Subtotal: $25.94
-$7.98 (2 B1G1 Stayfree Coupons)
-$2 (printable $1 Stayfree Coupons, use on the two that are not free)
Total: $15.96 (pay with ECB)
GET $17.98 in ECB back ($1.99 Asprin, $7.99 Earrinse, $8 Stayfree)
MONEYMAKER OF $2.02 more with CRTs

Got Razors?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hey Michelle - Just curious. Do you sell on eBay? I am learning what a great thing that is. All your free at CVS stuff can really make you $$ back online.

Michelle said...

I've not sold on ebay but would enjoy hearing more about it! Shoot me an email!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.