Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.18.2009

Search with Swagbucks and Earn Gift Cards & More

I've been reluctant to try things that might be gimmicky and promise to earn me money - but take forever to cash out, etc. etc. After all, my time is money. Working full-time plus running two blogs, taking care of my family has left me with no time for things that take hours to accomplish for a small payout. So, I've just left Swagbucks in the category of "not enough time in the day". However, I recently decided to give Swagbucks a try. I'm a Google girl, and that was my biggest hang-up. I like Google's search results, so why try another search engine? Well, it turns out Swagbucks is powered by Google and Ask.com and basically produces the exact same search results as just using Google. I earned 5 Swagbucks for signing up and am hoping to rack up the "bucks" to earn Amazon Gift Cards. Just 45 Swagbucks will earn a $5 Amazon Gift Card.

There are other ways to earn Swagbucks, too. You can shop through Swagbucks and earn. You can refer a friend and earn up to 100 Swagbucks. And there are so many ways to redeem the Swagbucks other than in Gift Cards.

My plan is to search using Swagbucks and see how many "bucks" I can rack up doing the same thing I already do: search the web! If I don't like it, I'm out nothing. So, are you a Swagbucks user? Tell us what you think! If you're not a Swagbucks user and are like me and would like to give it a try, click here for my referral link. If you're a bit skeptical like me, check back here for my review in a month! I'll tell you what I like, what I don't like, and just how many Swagbucks I've earned for searching the web!



Search with Swagbucks and Earn Gift Cards & MoreSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been a member of Swagbucks for a while, but didn't take it seriously until the last few months.

I've earned three $5 giftcards - mostly from my own searches, but some from the refer a friend feature. My tip for earning the most bucks is to install the search plug-in in your browser.

I installed the MyPoints search bar a while back and uninstalled it almost immediately because my computer ran more slowly. So I was hesitant to install the Swagbucks one, but finally decided to give it a try. I haven't had any issues at all.

I was never able to remember to go to Swagbucks to search, but now that it's in my browser toolbar, it's a constant reminder. The points have rolled in since installing it.

The only downside I've had is the search results are not nearly as good as what you'll get by going to Google directly (not sure why), but I start with the Swagbucks search and move to Google if I can't find what I need. This happens about 40% of the time for me.

It's worth it to me to have the occasional inconvenience of switching search engines to get Amazon.com gift cards.

Like you said - you're out nothing and you're doing stuff you'd normally do anyway.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the great information. I'm going to add the search bar since you suggested it!

Thanks!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.