Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

8.01.2009

Big Savings on Bills - Just for Asking


If it were up to me, we would have no cable/satellite service at our house. That being said, my husband cannot live without his sports channels, hunting channels, HD channels, yadda, yadda, yadda. Our satellite bill is waaaayy beyond what I would want to pay -if it were up to me. Well, it's not up to me, so I do what I can to keep our bills reasonable.

This week I encouraged my husband to call DirecTv - and let them know he had been looking at cable and Dish Network and they had better priced packages. He did a little research to see what he could get from the competitors.

The end result? We saved $28 per month for the next year!!!!! That's a savings of $336 for the year. We have done this before and saved, but never that much. Maybe they are becoming even more competitive in this economy? Whatever the case, it worked to our benefit and can work to yours too.
This not only works for TV, but for phone (if your company has competition), cellphone and other competing companies. Try it and see how you save.

Big Savings on Bills - Just for AskingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

4 comments:

Susan said...

Sounds like you have an AWSOME husband that he is willing to step up to the plate and do that for your house hold.

Anonymous said...

Susan, lots of husbands would do that (I did it with Comcast...and ended up getting Cable in addition to our internet service for LESS than the internet service!)

Plus I'm the one who's clipping coupons in my household!

LOL.

That's a great deal that Michelle's husband got. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Anonymous said...

My favorite with this is the one time I did this with Comcast. They gave me some kind of "introductory offer" (even though I'd been there a while) for the next 12 months. I said something like "So in a year I'm going to be back up even higher?"
and he told me to get a post-it & write today's date on it. Then stick it on the June of next year page on my calendar to call back then to have it lowered once again! He actually told me he'd wait while I got my post-its! I just did it last week - I missed June, but oh well!

Anonymous said...

That is how we have had free HBO,Showime,and Cinemax for the past year. I used to work for Directv so I know all the little tricks. :)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.