Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

8.29.2009

CVS Deal Round-Up: All this for 30 Cents!

Before Coupons: $37.93 After Coupons & ECB: $0.30

I stopped by CVS tonight to take advantage of some of the sales ending today (Saturday) and to pick up a few of the new deals for the ad beginning Sunday, 8/30. My store begins the sales for Sunday on Saturday night. These items would have cost me $37.93 but ended up being $0.30! I paid $1.71 in cash, used $13.58 in ECB and received $14.99 in ECB! Many of the items were out of stock so I made sure to get rainchecks -which never expire.

4 Mac & Cheese $4
-$1 (Buy 3, get one FREE printable coupon)
Received $2 ECB
Net Cost: $.25 each

Bounce Dryer Bar $3.99
-$2.50 VocalPoint Coupon
Received $1 ECB
Net Cost: $.49

Clear Care Double Pack $14.99
-$3 Clear Care Coupon from RP (expires 8/31)
-$5 CRT (Cash Register Tape) coupon
Received $5 ECB
Net Cost: $6.99

Pan Oxyl Bar Soap $3.99 after clip-free coupon sale (orig. $7.99)
-$2 coupon from 5/31 SS (exp 8/31)
-$1 CRT Bar soap coupon
NO ECB
Net Cost: $.99

Glade Reed Diffuser $6.99
-$3 All You Magazine Coupon for Glade Fragrance Collection page 115 Aug issue
Received $6.99 in ECB
Net Cost: $3 Money-maker!

Not Pictured:
3 $.99 American Greetings Cards $2.97
-$2 CRT coupon buy 3 cards save $2
Net Cost: $.97

I used a $4/20 coupon from the ReadyFill coupon booklet which came off my total (ask for it at the pharmacy counter). A cashier mistake cost me $4. Instead of taking off a $2 coupon manually, he added the $2 as a taxable item. Oops. I should have caught this before leaving the store.

I'll be stopping again at CVS on Sunday on my way home from Kmart! Just can't pass up the deals! Check back for a Kmart deal round-up!

CVS Deal Round-Up: All this for 30 Cents!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

3 comments:

cent_saving_mom said...

Wow great deals. Those Mac N Cheese @ $.25ea final cost make a great filler! Almost makes me want to run over to the 24hr CVS so I can score a few of the hot items before they are OOS.

DawnP said...

If you go in and point out the mistake, they should fix it easily. That's happened to me a couple times and they've always been more than willing to give my money back.

Anonymous said...

I'm confused, was this deal ending on the 30th or starting the 31st, i more so interested in the glade product.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.