Have you experienced Amazon Prime? It is an awesome feature at Amazon that allows you to get FREE shipping on any size order -no $25 purchase necessary to get free "super saver" shipping. Plus your order will arrive in just TWO DAYS! All this normally costs $79 per year, but it is now being offered for FREE!
A three month trial is being offered when you place any textbook into your cart, although you do not have to make the purchase. This offer expires tomorrow, October 16th. Follow these instructions for easy set-up. I joined today and found the process to be quite easy. The FREE trial runs through the holidays, which will be great for last minute gifts!
Returning Customers Start HERE:
1. Sign-in to EXISTING account and delete ADDRESS
2. Sign-out of EXISTING account and reset web browser (go to step 3)
NEW Customers Start HERE:
3. Copy/Paste this link:
http://www.amazon.com/New-Used-Textbooks-Books/b/ref=prime_prm_tblp?tag=slickdeals&node=465600
4. Click on "See Eligible Textbooks"
5. Choose one (Excel 2007 for Dummies works)
6. Add it to your cart
7. Click "Checkout" -this is not the final checkout step and you won't be charged
8. Sign-in or Create New Account
9. Choose Amazon Prime (2-day) for your shipping method
10. Continue order until you come to the Amazon Prime page
11. Accept Amazon Prime and continue
12. On the very last page, DO NOT click on submit order. Simply type www.amazon.com in the search bar and go there
13. At Amazon home, click on "my account"
14. In the third box down click on "Manage Prime Account"
15. Click on "do not auto-upgrade" and confirm it
Voila! You are the owner of FREE Amazon Prime for three months. By completing step 15, your Prime account will automatically end in three months with no other charges.
Thanks, SD!
10.15.2009
Amazon Prime: FREE Three Month Trial Membership
Posted by Michelle at 10/15/2009
Labels: amazon








41 comments:
Hi - I did this but only got one free month?
There is a one month trial offer out but the link I gave was for three months.
Thanks...I got it. Had to set up another account. The first time I had those pesky earrings on there that I did not delete so I guess they were not an approved item?? Anyway...thanks....I have the 3 months free. What a savings! Thanks so much for all you do!
This is great and will save me a ton at the holidays!
Thank you again!
Thank you!!! I was able to sign up too.
I did all the steps, but it DOESN'T say its free... am I going to be charged? Where are you all seeing free membership? My membership is also saying its for one year. Did I do something wrong?
Thanks so much! I love Amazon, but hate when I have to pay shipping. This will definitely help with the holiday shopping
This didn't work for me, although I followed the steps exactly. I had signed up for this free trial in the past, so that's probably why.
In the first step, do you mean that we should delete the addresses that are saved in our account for shipping? I want to make sure that I get the 3 month trial and not the 1 month. Thanks!
Thanks so much!!
There is nothing that says 'see eligible textbooks'. Also, when I try to go to checkout, it has me add an address then it doesn't give me an option to choose prime shipping - just 2 day shipping. Is that the same thing even though it doesn't say prime? This doesn't seem to work for me. Any help?
Worked for me! I did this last year and was hoping Amazon would offer it again! Now I just need to refind the Amazon Bargains Board I used to frequent.
Sarah~ Not sure where you got lost, but go back and refollow the directions... I did not see the "see eligbile items" either, but just scrolled down and clicked on the Excel 2007 for dummies and added it with Amazon Prime option!
Just did it! Thanks so much!
Since my husband & I both have used Amazon Prime in the past I just set up a new account using a different email address & was able to receive the 3m trial. Thanks!
Worked like a charm, thanks so much!
Worked for me although not exactly like posted. lol. Thanks for the headsup.
Thanks!
I like that you mentioned how to make sure it didn't automatically upgrade. I would have forgotten in 3 months otherwise!
Worked great! 3 months free! Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this in detail!
Yay! Thanks so much. My husband's Christmas wish list is on amazon so this will help!
Thanks so much! You rock! :-)
Did not work at all. Stopped just before I was charged $79. I have never signed up for Amazon Prime. I had to do several steps between #8 and #9.
Did not work at all. Stopped just before I was charged $79. I have never signed up for Amazon Prime. I had to do several steps between #8 and #9.
It worked perfectly! Thanks so much!!
WORKED great....Thanks so much for this will be sooooo nice through the holidays!!! I think I will link your post up to my blog!!!
Wow thank you so much! Great freebie!! Worked great for me!
Maggie
This wouldn't work for me... I figured out that it is because two years ago, I took part in the same type of offer, and they know that I had an Amazon Prime account that was cancelled. But this is a wonderful deal if you can get in on it!
I never saw the place where it said "See Eligible Textbooks". I went aheqd and added a book and finished as directed, but it stil said I had to pay $79 for a year. I did it three times, using different emails but it alwqays knew I was a customer. It never worked for me.
Didn't work for me either. I tried with different emails, a new email, etc. and it didn't work. Bummer.
I figured it out--thanks so much for telling us how to do this. It will be so convenient over the holidays!!
I am not able to find where it says "2nd Day Amazon Prime" shipping. There is only the normal "overnight, 2nd day, etc" listed. Where do I make it the Amazon Prime 2nd day?
Thank you so much!! :)
This also worked for me.
thank you!
well i did this & it went to a page that says
"Your application for Amazon Prime membership has been received and is being processed. Your member benefits should be available in a few minutes."
and it has been that way for quite a while. is this normal or should i do something? thanks!
I had to go to slick deals to modify it a little BUT it worked!!!
And I guess you can add family members to share it too! Awesome!! Thank you so so much!!!
When I checked out, the option was for 2 day shipping as well, not Amazon Prime. I selected it, had to put in my credit card info, and then it finally asked about Amazon Prime and worked perfectly, doesn't expire until January! Thanks!
Thanks so much. It worked exactly as you listed it. For the last 2 weeks I was waffling on ordering my son's watch as we learn how to tell time because at $15 I didn't want to pay shipping. You've got to check it out. It's a Timex Kids Time Teacher and I think it will work great. However, I was dragging my feet in adding something simply for free shipping but this gave me that push! Thanks again.
Tried it for my amazon account, but since I did it in the past, it would not let me. Husband created an amazon of his own, and it worked, but for only 1 month.
not only did this not work for me (and waste lots of time), i got charged the $79 for amazon prime! this better be refundable. i'm an idiot for doing this.
Just worked for me, but I had to go to slick deals to find an alternate link that would show me the "eligible textbooks" link. Otherwise, worked just as you said. Thanks!
i want to cancel the membership, but i can't seem to find a way. (its just not working.) does anyone know how i can cancel?
Post a Comment