Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

10.30.2009

New $.75/1 Sara Lee Meat Coupon & Getting Meats for Cheap

I am a meat markdown stalker.

And I get my meats for next to nothing.

It might not be for everyone, I know. But I think my method saves me a ton of money! So how do I do this? I have figured out when my store marks down their meats! For my store, it is first thing in the morning on the day the supply of meat is due to expire.

For example, right now ground beef is on sale for $1.99 per pound. Today the shelf is loaded with meat that is due to expire tomorrow (I know because I staked it out last night). Tomorrow morning the packages of meat that are marked sell by 10/31 will all be marked with $1 off to $2 off stickers. One pound packages will be only around $1 each. Plus, I will use the $.50/1 ground beef coupon! That makes FREE or really cheap ground beef!

I will be there first thing in the morning!

I also stalk other items with coupons like the Sara Lee lunchmeats. I always check to see when the meats expire and then check back within a couple days of the expiration. Sara Lee lunchmeats are priced at $4.99 per package at my store. When they come near the expiration, they are marked to $1.99 each. I use this $.75/1 Sara Lee Lunchmeats coupon to save an additional $1.50 after doubling, making the packages only $.50 each. I pop them in the freezer immediatly and then take them out when I need them.

So what is your method of getting meats for cheap?

New $.75/1 Sara Lee Meat Coupon & Getting Meats for CheapSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is smart, I do the same on poultry items and all red meats. I get up and go at the time the store opens do my shopping and then grab the meat which have been marked down on Saturday mornings. I gt home to have my boys help put things away and make breakfast for the family.

Every dollar not spent at the grocery store is better in my bank account :)

clodyo said...

I am a meat stalker, too! Last week I was able to get ground turkey for about $1.28/lb and was able to use 1 store coupon to save $2! My store does the same thing with marking down meat that was about to expire. This turkey was going to expire the next day and was not marked down so I asked and they marked down 5 packages for me.

We also use organic dairy products and our store will mark them down a few days (sometimes a week!) before they expire so I stalk the organic section frequently.

Anonymous said...

what stores sell sarah lee meat. i can't find it anywhere near me?

Anonymous said...

I buy it from Sam's wholesale club. Overall, that is the best price around here unless there is a special. I stock up on ground beef when our grocery store, Wegmans, has it for 1.99lb. Most other meats i pay about 2.39 per pound but some things i can get for less like pork loin for about 1.49lb. If i see a deal i grab it but otherwise i just buy it in large quantities and then freezer bag it.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.