Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

10.08.2009

Review & Giveaway: Elefun & Friends Games

I recently had the opportunity to review two new Hasbro games from the Elefun and Friends collection courtesy of My Blog Spark and Hasbro! Giraffalaff Limbo and Scatterpillar Scramble are two new games that are sure to bring smiles and laughter to you and your kids! We had a wonderful time trying out both games which are geared to preschoolers.


GIRAFFALAFF LIMBO is the crazy new game of “how low can you go?” Spin the dial to try one of the 6 limbo styles: classic limbo, crab walk, crawl, giraffe walk, bend forward or backward. The game’s built-in sound will play an encouraging song as preschoolers try not to bump into Giraffalaff. If he’s knocked over, he’ll roll on the floor in laughter. My kids LOVED this game! I tested it out with multiple children ages 3, 4 & 5 and believe those are the perfect ages! Giraffalaff Limbo engages children in physical activity which I love! Plus, with active boys who don't always want to sit still, this is perfect!


In SCATTERPILLAR SCRAMBLE kids will do their best to balance marbles in the hands of one very wiggly caterpillar. The first player to securely place all 8 marbles in Scatterpillar’s hands wins. SCATTERPILLAR SCRAMBLE was named the 2009 Preschool Game of the Year by Creative Child Magazine! My kids also loved this game which was very different from the first. I loved how they were able to work on eye hand coordination in a fun and engaging way!
---
Giraffalaff Limbo & Scatterpillar Scramble GIVEAWAY:
.
Want to win these games for your family? I'm giving away a gift set that includes both games to ONE lucky winner! Entering is easy! You can enter up to five times the following ways:
.
1. Leave a comment in this post and let me know what your favorite game was from your childhood.
.
2. Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment telling me you've done so. If you are already a subscriber, just leave that in your comment.
.
3. Follow me on Twitter. Leave your username in the comments.
.
4. Grab my button, then leave a link to your blog. Those who already have my button can let me know as well for an additional entry!
.
5. Blog about this giveaway and leave a link to your post.
.
Make sure to leave a link or email with every entry so that I can contact you if you are the winner. One winner will be chosen on Tuesday, October 13. Good Luck!

Review & Giveaway: Elefun & Friends GamesSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

95 comments:

Marcie said...

I would have to say Monopoly was my favorite game. I used to play with my two older brothers and it seemed like the game took forever. My older brother always won!

memery64@zoominternet.net

Julie said...

Payday was my fav!!!

juliecounts@gmail.com

Marcie said...

I am already a subscriber to your blog.

memery64@zoominternet.net

Marcie said...

I have your button posted on my blog.

http://marcie-wwwgingerbreadhillcom.blogspot.com/

memery64@zoominternet.net

Judy said...

I loved Candyland when I was little, but i just saw a commercial for a new Candyland where you build the game board yourself (like a puzzle). My four year old was so excited, I think we just might have to get it for Christmas.

Stockpiling Mom said...

Candyland! Loved it! Thanks for the awesome chance at this giveaway! My son really wants elefun!

stockpilingmom@fuse.net

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

My family was a HUGE game playing family! I have to say my favorite was monopoly though. Brings back great mempries!

jaymieanddonnajones.blogspot.com

angelqueens1983@yahoo.com

Amber said...

I loved Monopoly when I was a kid. Thanks for the giveaway!

Amber said...

I already subscribe to your blog (and check it multiple times a day :)

Bonnie said...

I remember playing Topple with my sister for hours on end and Jenga too when that came out. For some reason those balancing games were always a lot of fun.

Margie M. said...

My family played games almost every night. I loved to play "Sorry" with them and they enjoyed it as well. I was also a fan of "PayDay" however, my mom wasn't a fan of it so I didn't get to play it as much with her; I would have to wait until my cousins came over! My son is a little of a year old, and I look forward to being able to play all of my childhood games with him.

Margie M.
tccsreading@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I loved Payday and the good ole favorite Hide and seek.

starr61001@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

When I was little Life was my favorite game. My cousin and I would play almost everyday. I loved the part when you would stop to get married. :)

kywildcat07@aol.com

nat said...

My favorite childhoos game was probably Sorry or Uno. I liked both of those. I subscribed to your blog - natashajparker@hotmail.com and I also follow you on twitter - @natashajparker

Veronica said...

Monopoly wss and still is my favorite game to play since i was a little girl. Thanks for the great giveaway :)

Veronica said...

I signed up to be a subscriber. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

"Life" was my fave game - I played until the wheels on my fake car fell off. :)
katiemusic@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

I subscribe to your emails and love it! Thanks as always!
katiemusic@bellsouth.net

Jennifer said...

I loved candy land and was so excited when we bought it for our son. Now we play it together.

mom2kids.stephens at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I have sooo many favorite games! Monopoly, Sorry, Battleship, and LIFE are my top!
rachelleigh21@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I just suscribed to your blog! LOVE it!
rachelleigh21@hotmail.com

Meghan said...

My favorite childhood game was MEMORY. I alwasy beat my sisters! I am a follower. Thanks! HOpe I win this prize for my little girls! :)

Laura said...

My fav game was Chutes and Ladders. We used to play it for hours.
The Elefun game sounds like tons of fun!
Laura
laurasu82@yahoo.com

hugabug1 said...

I had so many favorite games it's hard to pick just one. Monopoly, Life, Clue, Payday, Spades, Spoons...nope, can't pick just one!

hugabug1 said...

I'm already a subscriber.

Anonymous said...

My favorite game was UNO: sherri.kramer@att.net

John and Alisha Stults said...

My favorite game when I was a kid was Hungry Hungry Hippos. We used to play it for hours. I hope I win!

Unknown said...

Monopoly was my favorite game.

Kathy D. said...

We loved to play Candyland growing up. We would love to have some new games!

Kathy D. said...

I already subscribe! Lucky me.

kathy D. said...

I already subscribe but forgot to leave you my email.

kathy@patdurkee.com

Jolene Osmun said...

I sure would like to win this one, I've got some grandchildren who would love these...I'm already a subscriber..Have a great day!

Jolene Osmun said...

Well, I forgot to leave my email on my last entry, so I'll leave it on this one.
Wow! My favorite game as a child, that was a while back...Hmmm, I had so many of them..I would have to say Mouse trap and Monopoly..
bratwoman@peoplepc.com

janell said...

i subscribe to your blog

janell999@yahoo.com

janell said...

my favorite game was payday and Guess Who when I was a kid. I still enjoy playing them now.

janell999@yahoo.com

April said...

I loved to play connect four with my sister.

aprilpetro(at)hotmail(dot)com

April said...

I subscribe.

aprilpetro(at)hotmail(dot)com

Blissfully Couponing said...

My girls would love any of these soooo much!! I love your blog!!

Laura said...

I liked playing Life

Laura
gloseml@yahoo.com

It's the wife said...

I loved Connect 4.

thecitygirl74@gmail.com

It's the wife said...

I subscribe via google reader.

thecitygirl74@gmail.com

dawn said...

i would have to say candyland and then monopoly were my favs.

Marcie said...

I just left a comment on my blog about this fabulous game giveaway!

http://marcie-wwwgingerbreadhillcom.blogspot.com/

memery64@zoominternet.net

Ashley said...

My favorite game as a kid was def. Pretty Pretty Princess!!!

Unknown said...

I just became a subscriber, please enter me...my two year old would love these. motzfranci@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Connect 4 was my favorite.

motzfranci@gmail.com

andrea v said...

My favorite was UNO

andrea v said...

following on twitter-vickers2622

KC said...

My favorite was UNO. We would play over and over again.
KCMayhan(at)gmail(dot)com

KC said...

I subscribe
KCMayhan(at)gmail(dot)com

KC said...

i follow you on twitter (kcmayhan)
KCMayhan(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I loved Hi-Ho Cherry-O and Candyland when I was little. I think my mom is still finding little red cherries around the house.
madcotenngirl(At)aol(Dot)com

Anonymous said...

I subscribe via email
madcotenngirl(At)aol(Dot)com

Unknown said...

I don't remember playing many board games when we were little. We played lots of tag and hide 'n seek outside. When we got older we played Rook, Spades, or Spoons almost every night. My favorite was Rook.
MAHitt329 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I'm a new subscriber
MAHitt329 at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Payday was a favorite for my brother and I to play.
nicole
nicoledalakas@yahoo.com

Colleen said...

My favorite game was the game Life. I always thought is was neat to see what job and how many kids I would end up with at the end of the game. Thanks for the giveaway.
cthompson1477@gmail.com

Colleen said...

My favorite game was Mousetrap! I just bought it for my nephew so I could play again with him!

Colleen said...

My favorite game was Mousetrap! I just bought it for my nephew so I could play again with him!

Debbie said...

My favorite game as a kid was "Trouble".

Debbie: rebbiedeed(at)hotmail(dot)com

Amanda said...

My favorite game was Candy Land. My kids like it just as much as I did.
corley@wildblue.net

Amanda said...

I am a new e-mail subscriber.
corley@wildblue.net

Nadia said...

Loved Monopoly or Marco Polo...

Meg Hitt said...

We played some intense games of capture the flag when I was younger. As for inside games we stuck to the regulars like Monopoly, Twister, Life, etc.
meghitt01 at gmail dot com

Meg Hitt said...

I subscribe
meghitt01 at gmail dot com

Meg Hitt said...

I follow on twitter
meghitt
meghitt01 at gmail dot com

Meg Hitt said...

I put your button on my blog--not sure if I did it right as I am completely new to blogging but it's there and clickable
http://hitthappenings.blogspot.com/
meghitt01 at gmail dot com

Aymee said...

Monopoly was my favorite game as a kid. I can't wait until my kid's are old enough to play it, so I can play it with them.

cutie pie said...

I remember playing monopoly jr. and it was fun.

cutie pie said...

I subscribe through google reader

Steph said...

I think I would have to say Clue. We always played as a family and I think that's why I loved it.
stephinscore@aol.com

Jay said...

I had older siblings and have good memories of "playing" monopoly with them even though I didn't quite understand the game. Thanks for the opportunity!
rbjj32825[at]lycos[dot]com

Naomi said...

I used to love playing Candyland and Tiddlywinks (can't find Tiddlywinks anywhere now, though).
nelomisun@hotmail.com

Naomi said...

I now subscribe.
nelomisun@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite game growing up was Candy Land. I can't wait until my son is old enough to play it now.

lilly_28@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

My favorites were Candyland and Monopoly (but only if I could be the banker!)
katybellem(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

I subscribe
katybellem(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

I follow on twitter at katybellem
katybellem(at)gmail(dot)com

Lori said...

Krypto! It was a mathematical equation game where you got five cards on had to use order of operations to make the number in the middle before your opponent could. Hours spent!
lkziegler[at]gmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

Twister!
tennisdadof2(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

I subscribe
tennisdadof2(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

follow on twitter @tennisdadof2
tennisdadof2(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I loved trivial pursuit in my teens
mmayhan09 (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I susbscribe
mmayhan09 (at) gmail (dot) com

The Prudent Patron said...

LIFE! I love that game!

Anonymous said...

Life was my favorite game growing up

amnstuff (at) yahoo (dot) com

Anonymous said...

I signed up to subsribe.

amnstuff (at) yahoo (dot) com

Maybea said...

I really liked monopoly.



vobeach@hotmail.com

Maybea said...

I already subscribe to your RSS feed.

vobeach@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I LOVED candyland... still do! We would very much have fun with Elefun...

Thanks for the chance to have some family fun!

Stacy
cappadonas@comcast.net

Michelle said...

my favorite was candyland
michellefelter@gmail.com

Michelle said...

I'm a subscriber
michellefelter@gmail.com

Michelle said...

i also follow on twitter
michellefelter@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

As a child I loved Candyland, Sorry, connect 4 and battleship!
rachelleigh21@hotmail.com

Steph said...

I loved playing Mouse Trap, but my parents hated setting it up!

ms0812(at)zoominternet(dot)net

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.