Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

10.15.2009

What's Your Best Stockpiling Coupon? Win a $10 Shell Gas Card for Sharing!

When I find a hot coupon for items like paper towels, toilet paper or pasta, I go into mega stockpiling mode! One of the best couponing strategies for me is to buy multiples of coupons and stock up while the prices are great. Sometimes a great sale, and a coupon to go along with it only comes around once a year.

I thought it would be fun to have you share some of the things you have found with current coupons - those items that are stockpile worthy! Here are my best two of the month.

Bumble Bee Tuna ($1.03 at a local store)
I bought 40!! The packages have a 2011 expiration date.
They were free after the $.55/1 coupon from the 9/13 SS insert (ex. 12/31/09)!

Viva Big Roll Paper Towels ($1.99 at a local store)
Using the $.85/1 coupon from the 10/11 SS, these are only $.29 each after doubling! (ex. 11/21/09)

So, what coupons are you using for your mega stockpiling efforts? Share your idea and leave your email and I'll enter you in a random drawing to win a $10 Shell Gas Card! Feel free to leave multiple entries for multiple chances of winning! I will chose one lucky winner on Monday, 10/19/09!

What's Your Best Stockpiling Coupon? Win a $10 Shell Gas Card for Sharing!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite coupon is the $1.50 off Smart Balance Butter Blend Sticks that was in the local Sunday paper.. I ordered 15 off a service and went to town with a 2/$5 sale... my freezer has a quantity of 18 4-packs of butter...
Healthy butter for $1 each YEAH... and to make the deal better it was Shaw's that hosted the sale and I made money back in the form of a catalina.... BIG SMILE :)

Stacy

Meghan said...

I have a HUGE stockpile of things in my basement pantry and freezer-
Danimals Smoothies were free at Meijer a while back w/ MB and MF q's. I have about a 6 month to a year supply of some of these things:
Country Crock butter at Meijer was 10 for $10 a while ago, so free after .50 MF q doubled
Betty Crocker fruit snacks at Meijer were dirt cheap after MB and MF q's.
So much free toothpaste in 10 for $10 sales at different stores using $1 qs.
Free Green Giant veggies at Meijer w/ q's.
Enough Garnier shampoo/conditioner from Walgreens for a year, plus gave lots away(sale was maybe close to a year ago?) w/ Wags q and MF $1 q they were free.
Other big stockpiles I have that I paid little or nothing for:
chips, dog food, dog treats, lotion, deoderant, ziploc bags, gum, sandwich bags, freezer bags, reynolds wrap, dish soap, hand soap, bar soap, bandaids, cheese, bread, pizza, bbq sauce, salad dressing, snacks, pasta, tp, paper towel, candles, paper plates, canned goods... I just LOVE looking at my stockpiles! :)

Time4mom2 said...

Mine are the EXACT same 2 as yours! I have 60 Tuna Fish pouches all stacked neatly in the pantry

KARLA said...

My favorite coupon so far....is the $1.00 off Ziploc Bags. At my store they had this huge sale on Ziploc sandwich, freezer, and storage bags on sale for $0.99. They were even the big boxes. They had 20% more in each box. I bought about 250 of them. They also came at a good timing, since I had just ran out the day before. The surprise was when I opened the first box, it had 5 more $1.00 of coupons. YAY!!! opened the rest of them, and of course more coupons. I of course did several runs to the store, good thing it is just 2 minutes away!!! It took me about a week to get all those boxes. I still have more coupons, the store ran out of Ziploc boxes.

Lori said...

My favorite is catfood. I hate having to spend money one something that our family can't eat but is a necessity just the same.
So, recently there was a $3 off Purina One which also happened to be on sale for $4.49 (Mega 10 event price) which are usually priced $6.99. So I stockpiled on catfood for $1.49 a bag!

momma-lana said...

Smart Balance Butter blend sticks. My daughter is allergic to artificial colors and flavors so this is great for cooking at our house. My Food Lion had a BOGO sale and I got 16 pounds for 14 cents a pound! This should get us through Christmas baking!

BargainFun said...

I was able to stock pile some paper towel and toilet paper at Kmart with the awesome printable sparkle and angel soft coupon. Loved it i'm running out now ready for a new tp deal ! www.bargainfun.blogspot.com

dawnelizabeths@gmail.com said...

Scott TP all the way! The only brand my hubby'll use. $1 off Scott Naturals is best at WM ($2.60 - $1 - our 10% discount for the equivalent of 10 rolls). Usually I score the regular or soft kind at CVS. When we were on vacation 400 miles from home, I even stopped at a CVS to get a 12 pack of soft Scott for $1.99! Right now, my stack goes almost to the ceiling. :)

A Day In The Life said...

Mine was the Chef Micheals $3 coupon which I paired with the Target coupon. Lucky Blanchard has sooo much food...

cblanchard76@comcast.net

I love you blog...

Anonymous said...

Dove deodorant. I had lots of register rewards so I bought 10 coupons and got 10 deodorants for about $1! Also I got lots of the Dannon $1 Q. Too bad they expire at the end of the month!

love2scrap88 said...

My favorite so far was last week; I used 15 $3 Snuggle Coupons and went to Kmart - got 15 bottles of Snuggle Fabric Softener for $1 ($3.25-$3.00 coupon and then I used the $5 off $50 purchase) and got a $12 Catalina back! My husband was so impressed - and now I should have enough fabric softener to last at least a year!!!! I love your blog and I especially love your Kmart deals!!!! Thank you!

Melissa said...

I think my favorite right now is the Nivea Chapstick. On sale for $1 at SW and using the $1/1 coupon...FREE chapstick :o) I don't get doubles so this deal is awesome for me :)

A Day In The Life said...

Oh my goodness, I'm loving the $1 Wonka Coupons paired with the $1 Target coupons... There are printables and Tear pads. It's a $.61 mm on everyone I but, plus my mom then turns around and sells them at her work for $1 as a fundraiser for my daughters dance trips...

Unknown said...

I like the Kotex $1 off any product coupons. I used them at Walmart where the liners are $1 a package.

Melissa said...

Oh i also really love the $1 off I Can't Believe It's Not Butter baking sticks. On sale at SW periodically for $1.99 so they are 99 cents. we like those the best, so I am glad to get them for so cheap :o)

dawnelizabeths@gmail.com said...

Another one of my big Qs has been the Kleenex 50c off. My Kroger triples and when these are on the MegaEvent - whoo hoo! I still have 22 boxes stacked on top of my fridge (I have limited storage space) from the sale in July / August!

Shelly said...

Right now my fave q is .55/1 Mahatma rice. It's on sale for $1 @ Kroger and my Kroger doubles up to .60. LOTS of free rice for me! :)
stamptramp@gmail.com

Jolene said...

I have to say that this past week was my favorite stock up week on several items. Of course the $3.00/1 Snuggles coupon, I made a couple of trips to the Dollar General store to collect a total of 15 bottles,for the price of tax only. I have 5 more to pick up when they get more in, everyone else in town would cost more. 2 different Neosporin Lip treatments, Rite Aid had the LT Lip/Cold Sore Treatment on Clearance for 75% off reg, 4.49 to make it 1.12, I used the $1.00 off any Neo. product Coupon to get them all for .12 cents, and I used the Neosporin Lip Health Coupons for $3.00/1 from Walmart to get all they had for .56 cents. My other stock piler was Soft Soap body wash SPA & Nutra Oil, which I also got for 75% off at Rite Aide Clearance was 4.49, to 1.12 using the $1.00 off any Softsoap Body Wash they all cost me .12 each. Which Thanks to Rite Aid I was able to bring my fall savings to get the $20.00 gift.
WooooWhoooo! First time to really get something from them like that, I've only been couponing for a short time, so I'm pleased...Thanks for all the help!
bratwoman@peoplepc.com

zinachuck said...

My best trip of the month was the Healthy choice one. They had a glitch the other day and I was able to get like 50 coupons. I got the entrees from Publix for free with A LOT of overage.
http://frugalityinflorida.blogspot.com/2009/10/just-more-healthy-choice.html

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE $1.00 MARCAL COUPONS. BECAUSE RIGHT NOW THEY ARE ON SALE FOR $1 FOR A 4 PACK OF TOILET PAPER.I HAD 20 COUPONS SO 80 ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER FOR FREE IS GOOD.chris14095@comast.net

robyn812 said...

There have been so many but my new favorites are the Skippy PB q at Target with the mfg q to get it super cheap or free.

Unknown said...

My favorite coupon has been the $3.00 off snuggle. I was able to get 19 of these and so far have been able to get most of them for free at Family Dollar. Another great deal was the 1.00 coupon on ziploc bags which doubled at Kmart.

Anonymous said...

I love cheap cereal for $1 or less. My most recent favorite deal was the Kellogg's MIR making cereal like .50/box and MIR and q. Also love the free cereal q's from Vocal Point.

Laurie said...

Most recently I used the .50/1 Barilla coupons (8/23 SS) to score a bunch of free pasta w/overage. Shaw's had them for .88ea, giving me .12 overage for each box after the coupons doubled.

Young in TX said...

I found Kotex $1 off coupons in a Curves booklet and they let me have 100 booklets. They are $1 at Walmart but sometimes they are B1G1 at CVS at $1.49 each so they are a $.51 money maker using two coupons! I got 50 packs of 20 Kotex liners which will last me about half way to menopause (lol) and gave the other 50 coupons to my sister-in-law with 3 daughters.

Also in the same Curves booklet, were $1 off Johnson Baby powder and a couple months ago and this month too, buy 1 small size for $1.29 at Walgreens, get $1 RR so that's a $.71 money maker each. I did this 20 times and put them in Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.

I love stockpiling. And shell gas!

123yes456@gmail.com

Ruth S. said...

One of my favorite stockpiling deals was the $3 off coupon for the new Glade soy candles. I was able to get four of the 4.9oz ones for free after coupons and only had to pay the tax! I love them as my house smells so good now.

I went to get the Hefty One Zip quart size freezer and storage bags for $1 each at Kroger's and they were all out. I got a raincheck and was able to get two of them with my $1 off coupons for free. I am only one person who is retired so I don't need that many. I have others stockpiled too.

nicole from ohio said...

I dont just have one favorite coupon,I love all coupons,why?? because they all have saved my family so much money. In a time like this every coupon is important to me!! I am new to couponing and have loved every minute of every deal I get. I especailly love the air wick coupons because when my house is not the cleanest it still smells good!! Thanks so much for all you do for us. :)

savnzplan said...

I found a great coupon for Marcel Paper towels at my grocery store, $1 off any one roll, I snagged several every time I went to the store (they had no expiration date, I waited for these towels to go on sale for a week at $.89, I used all my coupons over the space of that week, with the help of my kids, wach time we passed the store we stopped and each one got 2(the limit my store allows at once) by the end of the week I had stockpiled 30 rolls of great paper towels. So I got 30 rolls of paper towels and .11 back for each $3.30. GREAT deal. then I patted my self on the back when I found the perfect little cubbie hole in my daughters closet beside her shoe rack they stack like tubes and fit perfect floor to ceiling on each side. ( Great DEAL, money back, easy storage) what could be better.

The Need 2 Read said...

I usually stock up on the Viva paper towels too - but there's no store nearby that doubles coupons over 50 cents, so my deal isn't quite as great! I also love stocking up on laundry detergent when I have coupons and they go on sale for B1G1 - can't beat that!!

a busy mom getting through life said...

I would have to say white cloud tissue paper. When there is $1/1 , I will order 20 or more cpns and buy up alot.
For some reason that is something that goes about as fast as cookies in our house.

thanks for the offer.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.