I recently hit a big sale on pork roasts and stocked my freezer. With a great sale, I pay between $3-$4 for a 3-lb roast that feeds my entire family. Pulled pork BBQ sandwiches just happen to be a family favorite at our house. This is so easy to create on a tight schedule and in a crazy household!
I simply place the roast in my crockpot in the morning, add seasonings, and let it slow cook all day. 10 minutes before serving, I add the BBQ sauce (free on sale), bake some fries and whip up some quick bagged coleslaw ($.99). The whole meal comes in under $5!
This is my favorite meal to make because my family loves it and it is super easy and cheap! I would love to hear about your favorite meals! If you have something quick and easy, yet frugal be sure to share!
By the way, the Hamilton Beach 33967 Set 'n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker










8 comments:
I do a similar thing with meatballs in the crock pot. I make them up in the morning, brown them on the stovetop and toss them into the crock pot with sauce. By dinner time they are done and ready for sandwiches or spaghetti.
I love that it is effortless at our busy time of the day.
I love your idea! I have just taken out a pork roast for tomorrow night!
I'm new to cooking... actually, I just can't stand it so this would be a really good idea for me, since it requires very little.
When you say roast, do you mean just a rump roast?
I rub a Boston butt pork roast (3-4 pounds) with 2 packages of taco seasoning. Cook all day on low (8-10 hours) and then shred the meal. Mix back into the juices. Serve over rice aith cornbread on the side. This can go on buns the next day.
The pork roast I love is the bone-in version. I think they were butt roasts. They are very tender and juicy, not tough. I swear it is the bone that makes them juicy!
Ashley,
I hate to cook, in fact it gives me a great deal of anxiety at the end of the day if I don't have something easy to whip together. I know there have to be more people out there like me that don't love to cook all day. I will be putting up a few posts like this one for easy, yet delicious meals. I am the queen of no-fuss!
I have made pulled pork BBQ sandwiches just as you do. At my local grocery store I found bacon on sale so tonight I am making BLT's. I don't know if you have ever tried baking your bacon rather than cooking it on the stove but I've always been successful cooking my bacon this way. I don't enjoy standing over the stove so much, so I like when I can stick things in the oven. I'll be serving my BLT's with baked fries.
Salsa chicken is the easiest crockpot recipe I know. Put boneless chicken breasts in crock pot. Add 1 drained can of black beans, 1 drained can of corn & 1 large jar of mild salsa. Cook all day, add 1 block of creamed cheese if you want, & serve over rice. Leftovers may be used to fill tortillas or serve w/corn chips.
Super easy & delish!
That was mouth watering. I really like sandwiches.
Post a Comment