Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

2.08.2011

What's for Dinner??

I originally had a very simple meal planned for this evening due to our busy schedule, however a sick child has changed all of that.  We'll be staying home tonight so a hot meal in the crock pot is taking the place of subs, which we will have tomorrow night...

Tuesday's Menu:
Green Salad for the Adults
Chicken Stroganoff over Noodles from the Gooseberry Patch Slow-Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets Cookbook
Green Beans Almondine
Applesauce for the Kids

What's on your menu for today?

By the way, I purchased the Slow-Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets cookbook for my mother-in-law this past week and fell in love with it.  The recipes are super easy, many 5 ingredients or less and sound scrumptious!  I ordered my copy from Amazon which was a fabulous price at $11.53.  I'll be using these recipes a lot in the next few months.  I've marked over two dozen recipes that sound easy and delicious. 

Last night's creation, Reuben Casserole, came from this book and WE LOVED IT!  My husband requests it again!  I tweaked the recipe by adding deli corned beef, instead of canned, which made the dish a bit more expensive, but it was so good!

Want to order a copy and follow along?  I'll be sharing my thoughts on the recipes from this cookbook and would love to have you join in!

What's for Dinner??SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

6 comments:

Stacey Burke said...

Tonight's menu~
BBQ Boneless Ribs
Cheesy Potato Casserole
Green Beans
Applesauce

richael said...

ohhh, sounds like that'd be a great giveaway (wink, wink)!

Money Saving Madness said...

It's already in the making...*wink*!!! Stay tuned!

stephanie said...

FYI tip on corned beef: During this time of year until St. PAtricks day, many stores will have corned beef on sale for 1.99/lb or less. Then after St. Patty's day, they will clearance it out. Meijers does this, as well as Costco (if you have them available). They freeze fantastically & I have mistakenly had it frozen for 9 months without problems. However, I cook the corned beef in the crock pot just like a beef roast & it comes out so tender. You really don't have to add any seasonings, but I do add celery carrots & onions, then I add about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom. Cook until a fork can be pulled out easily. Its best if I cook it ahead of time, then chill it in the fridge (it slices easier). Everyone loves it & it is so much better than the deli one or canned. I usualy make one for 2 dinners, then pull out the rest for sandwiches. Hope you try it.

Money Saving Madness said...

Stephanie
Thanks so much! I am going to look for the corned beef to freeze. My husband loves it!
Michelle

momma-lana said...

meatloaf
baked potatoes
brocolli
salad
crescent rolls

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.