Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.10.2011

Kmart Update: Purex Deal is Rolling.......

24 Bottles of Purex with Zout & 2 Bottles of Downy $140.80 + tax
After Coupons.......$28.80 + tax

I'm not much of a gambler, so as I waited for my Giant Eagle to stock the shelves with Purex before the coupon expires, I decided to take my 24 coupons to Kmart.  I was not expecting my Kmart to have well stocked shelves, so I figured I would still do the deal at Giant Eagle as well.  

As it ended up, the $10 reward coupon for purchasing $30 in Purex was rolling.  I did four transactions using the $3 Purex coupons and $10 Kmart rewards.  In the end I paid $28.80 plus tax and ended up with a $10 reward.  I spent that on two bottles of Downy, on sale 2/$10 and paid NOTHING (no tax either!).

I was a little hesitant to actually spend money on laundry detergent, since I really haven't paid money for it in years, but in the end I'm glad I did.  Now I have almost a year's supply.

6 Purex with Zout $5.45 each
Spend $30, get a $10 Reward Certificate
-(6) $3/1 Purex with Zout coupons 2/20 RP insert
Final Price:  Pay $14.70 +tax

Next transaction:
6 Purex with Zout $5.45 each
Spend $30, get a $10 Reward Certificate
-(6) $3/1 Purex with Zout coupons 2/20 RP insert
Use $10 Kmart coupon from transaction 1
Final Price: Pay $4.70 +tax

Keep rolling the $10 coupon until you run out of coupons (or money - LOL)!

Have you purchased your Purex yet?

Kmart Update: Purex Deal is Rolling.......SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you did great on the detergent. I on the other hand, did it during the doubling coupon week, and my total before coupons was $37.00 and $16 after coupons, the catalina for the sale did not print ($10 when you buy $35), well they gave me back $35.00 back in cash even though I asked for my coupons instead of getting cash for it. They refused, I made a profit that day, but that is not the way I like to coupon. I had real good coupons too. I talked to the manager, and instead of giving me a gift card for Kmart, they reimbursed me my money and the value of the coupons. Why would they do that? now they have to take their time and collect the money for coupons. Doesn't make sense. Are all Kmarts this way?

Money Saving Madness said...

Some stores would rather hand you the money, rather than dig through their coupon drawer. They are being reimbursed anyway, so it is all the same.

Kristin said...

Can you tell us when you did this deal? Someone said as of last night the coupon was not printing out and you had to spend 30 after coupons.. she did use her shop your way card.

Money Saving Madness said...

I did this deal between 12 noon and 1 pm today! It is definitely still printing and no, you don't need to spend $30 after coupons. It is the price before coupons.

Mindy said...

I'm lucky if I have two $3 off Purex coupons much less 6 or 12 of them. How do you get so many coupons? I would have to spend more than $6 to buy six newspapers with coupon inserts.

I'm frugal and stock up on sale items (using coupons, of course) but my husband would think I'm crazy if I came home with 12 bottles of detergent. ;)

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.