"So because of you I've gotten into swagbucks. I've got enough points in less than a week to redeem; how exciting! However I don't know what will get the best bang for my swagbuck. I've never gotten into amazon.com but I'm willing to learn. Could you please do a piece on how you use your swagbucks to get the best bang for your swagbuck from amazon.com. What do you buy, how do you buy it (ie. redeem all at once a bit at a time, etc.) how often do you buy it, what can you trust on amazon.com what is the best deal?"
My opinion of what is the best "bang for my Swag buck" might not be the same as everyone's, but I do believe that you get the most for your bucks by spending them on Amazon e-Gift Cards. You particularly get the best deal buying the $5 Gift Cards. Here is how to redeem Swagbucks on Amazon e-Cards:
- Once you have earned enough to buy a gift card (450 SB for $5 Amazon e-card). Go to "Rewards", then "Swag Store" and then "Gift Cards". Select your Amazon Gift Card. (Limit two rewards limit per day, and 3 of each card type per month, so don't save up thousands of Swag bucks)
- You will need to confirm your choice by clicking within the email you receive.
- You will then need to wait for a few days until your card gets posted to your account.
- After receiving your email notification for the gift card, go to "view account" then "gift cards". Any gift cards you've ordered will be there.
- Highlight and "copy" the code with your mouse.
- Go to Amazon.com. (You will need to register if you don't already have an account).
- Go to "Your Account" (top right), then "Apply a gift cert/card to your account"
- Paste your code into the box and check your balance.
- Continue this process until your balance builds up enough to buy your item. It is just like cash and you can use it all at once or use a little at a time.
Amazon is the world's largest online marketplace. They have everything I have ever looked for from furniture to kids toys, clothing to computers. Here are a few things I have recently purchased from Amazon: Granola Bars, Syrup, Shoes, Dell Desktop Computer, kids Toys, Silverware, Swimsuit, Silly Bandz, Construction Paper, GPS, Home Decor, Lawn Chairs, Books.....and on and on!
Amazon ships FAST and FREE if you choose items that ship FREE with Prime or Super Saver Shipping and a $25 purchase. If your item does not state either, you will pay shipping fees. I personally don't purchase those.
In my personal opinion, you can't go wrong with Amazon. I have NEVER had a single problem and I have ordered HUNDREDS of items. Additionally, the prices at Amazon are either comparable or lower than anywhere else.
Other than Amazon Gift Cards, I redeem for Starbucks (this is a physical gift card that comes in the mail), Target e-cards, JCPenney and occasionally others. 95% of my Swagbucks go to Amazon Cards though.
Readers, what do you redeem your Swagbucks for? How are you using your Amazon money?

11 comments:
I use mine for the $5.00 Amazon gift cards, which I will use to buy some Christmas presents from the kids wish lists on Amazon. I noticed that they have gift cards for Cafe Press, which is a neat site for unusual or specialty items so I may get a gc from there as well, they are less than the Amazon ones.
I do the $5 Amazon gift cards too, the only thing that I don't like is that Amazon automatically uses your gift card balance for all purchases you make until it's gone... I've actually thought about opening a 2nd amazon account (using hubby's email LOL) so that my balance will just keep going up and up till Christmas ... wish they offered the gift balance as an option rather than "forcing" me to use it. -- if I'm wrong on this I'd love to hear how you get the site to allow you to pay for purchases without using your gift card money... but I think I read it in their faq too.
Julie,
You are correct. The only way around it is to open another account. Also, you can't buy physical gift cards with your balance, which I think they should change.
I use my Amazon gift cards to buy my son gifts throughout the year. The first half of the year gets saved for his Easter basket. The second half of the year gets saved for his presents from Santa. The more money I have, the more gifts he gets! This year Santa is getting him the Radio Flyer Lights & Sound Tricycle, along with a few other small gifts! :)
Thank you for posting this and for introducing me to Swag Bucks. I've been saving thousands of Swag Bucks not reading the policy on purchasing (shame on me).
The $5 cards are the best compared to the $25 and $50 cards for Amazon. I'm going to start getting rid of my Bucks!
Julie,
To answer the question about using your gc......You can go to
change for your method of payment. It is under your total after it shows you owe 0.00 or whatever the amt. You can put it on your credit card if you choose.
I always use my sb for amazon gc!
I have been looking on amazon.com to purchase an Apple iPhone headphone with mic, however I'm running into lots of trouble. Everyone I have come across is not a legitimate Apple product and the buyer reviews are very negative for all of the sellers. Is this a typical problem with amazon.com or am I not doing the search correctly? Thanks for the help.
You can change your method of payment to a credit card and it will leave your 'swagbucks' balance
in your account. I did this about two months ago, and still have my bucks!
i'm so glad you are posting about this. I've wondered for sometime...if you can only get a maximum of 3 of the same cards per month, wouldn't that only be $15 (3 of the $5 gc) in amazon gift cards per month...how is everyone using 'that' to pay for Christmas? don't get me wrong, every little bit helps, but that wouldn't cover the cost.
Isn't it five $5 a month not three? I believe I got five of them last month. I love my Amazon cards... should have a ton ready to go by xmas :)
How long does it usually take for gift cards to be posted to your account??
Post a Comment