- Before September 21st, go in and reserve Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue on DVD/ Blu-Ray combo for $29.99. You will pay $10 and get a $10 Toys R Us gift card back.
- Then after September 21st, go in to reserve Beauty and the Beast Combo pack for $29.99. When you preorder it you will get $10 off another DVD set that is over $19.99. At this point you will buy Tinkerbell and use your $10/1 coupon. You already paid $10 and you will get $10 off with the Beauty and the Beast pre -order and another $10 for the coupon so you will just pay $10 to hold your Beauty and the Beast copy.
- When Beauty and the Beast releases, go back to buy the movie. Use your $10/1 Beauty and the Beast coupon and then the $10 gift card you got from reserving Tinkerbell. You will not owe anything else. When all is said and done you will have paid $20 total for both Blu-Ray/ DVD combo packs and saved $40!
If you are going to be purchasing any other items at Toys R Us, use this $5 off a $25 purchase coupon to make this deal even better. We will also be on the look-out for any rebates to make these deals sweeter so be sure to hold onto those receipts!
27 comments:
Apparently you ignored my comment previously. This deal is still not the best deal. You need to use the Toy Story 3 pre-order deal as well. Even if you don't redeem the pre-order, you still get $10 off for a $5 deposit.
Pre-order tinker bell.
When you pick up the movie, you redeem your pre-order and you pre-order Beauty and the Beast AND Toy Story 3. This makes Tinker Bell cost 9.99 + 10 (5 for each pre-order) for a total of $20. You already paid $10 on your tinker bell pre-order and you have a $10 off coupon. This means you only have to pay the $10 deposit to get the movie and a gift card and both pre-orders.
So how much is it for all three, when it's all said and done?
So what is "the best deal" scenario?
I am looking into it and will post the best deal!
First, pre-order the movie before Tuesday. That costs you $10 out of pocket.
The movie is 29.99 (most likely)
29.99 - 10 for Beauty and Beast pre-order discount
= 19.99
19.99 - 10 discount for Toy Story 3 pre-order = 9.99
Beauty and the Beast pre order +$5
Toy Story 3 pre order +$5
=19.99
- $10 manufacturer coupon (listed on receipt after all purchases as "Vendor Coupon" based on my previous coupon purchases there)
- $10 Tinker bell 3 deposit you made before Tuesday
= 0.00 on day of purchase
So the net result is, you pay $10 for a deposit before this coming Tuesday and when you pick up the movie you pre-order both Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story 3, you pay only tax the day you pick it up and you get the following for ONLY the 10 dollar deposit:
1) Tinker Bell 3
2) $5 deposit on Beauty and the Beast
3) $5 deposit on Toy Story 3
4) $10 gift card
So think of it like this, you bought yourself a $10 gift card and got everything else for free....you're going to use that for christmas shopping anyway so it's almost like everything is free.
You can print the coupon twice so in theory you could get a tinker bell gift for someone and give your kids the one copy.
Even if you use another Toy Story 3 pre-order when you buy beauty and the beast, you can simply not redeem the one purchased in this transaction. Why wouldn't you use it? You pay 5 now and get 10 off, it's basically them giving you $5 for nothing.
Free bracelet with purchase also!
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/charmoffer?cmp=dmov_dmr_emc_charmoffer_821
I couldn't wrap my head around the deal.
Don't worry, you are not alone :) That's why I left it up to anon. #1!
From what I have read, you are better off to pre-order just Beauty and the Beast when you buy Tinkerbell (and you get a $10 off instantly for pre-ordering the movie and buying another movie in that transaction). Then, you pre-order Toy Story when you pick up Beauty and the Beast and get another $10 off. From what I read on SD, it's not the best to pre-order both at one time because they will no longer give both discounts at once at TRU (after the whole Princess & The Frog/Toy Story 1/&2 deal). Of course, this is all speculation, but I think I'll take my chances separating out the transactions.
Melissa then sd is wrong. Using both of those pre-order cards has worked all summer long.
The process sounds complicated but it's not really. All you do is pre-order tinker bell before Tuesday. Then on Tuesday you give them the pre-order card for Tinker Bell along with your receipt showing that you pre-ordered it. You also give them the pre-order cards for beauty and the beast and toy story 3 along with your coupon. Their computer takes care of everything else.
Is there a $10 for Tinker Bell 3 to be used in the US? The only one I see to print is for Canada only. Thanks for the help!
sorry, that would be a $10 coupon for Tinker Bell deal.
You-misread the fine print. The linked coupon is for the US.
I still don't understand. Can someone tell me what I need to purchase on what days? do I buy all of these at once or do I keep going back to purchase them one at a time. I thought I was coupon savvy but I just don't get this.
How does this work then using the $10 Manufacturer's Coupons I found online for Tinkerbell and Beauty and The Beast? I will also assume there will be one for Toy Story 3 soon.
I doubt they'll release a discount coupon for TS3, being that they expect people to buy that, anyway. The others, one being an independent and strait to video release, and the other, being a re-release, are being promoted to get you interested in them, at a discount.
Anonymous # 1, I have a question. Is your scenario based on DVD pricing, or DVD/Blu-Ray COMBO pricing? Thanks.
:I still don't understand. Can someone tell me what I need to purchase on what days? do I buy all of these at once or do I keep going back to purchase them one at a time. I thought I was coupon savvy but I just don't get this."
This weekend pre-order tinker bell.
On Tuesday bring your pre-order card for tinker bell to TRU with your $10 off coupon. At the store pick up the pre order card for Toy Story 3 and the pre-order card for Beauty and the Beast. Go to the cashier. Give the cashier the following:
1) Tinker Bell the movie (if they had locked up the reserved copies, you may have to show them your reservation card and they'll get it). Make sure they scan the movie.
2) Give them your $10 off manufacturer coupon and make sure they scan it.
3) Give them both of the new pre-order cards.
4) Give them anything else you are purchasing at the same time.
"I doubt they'll release a discount coupon for TS3, being that they expect people to buy that, anyway. The others, one being an independent and strait to video release, and the other, being a re-release, are being promoted to get you interested in them, at a discount."
Every Disney animated Blu Ray has had a coupon so far so it's not a stretch to think that Toy Story 3 will also have one.
"Anonymous # 1, I have a question. Is your scenario based on DVD pricing, or DVD/Blu-Ray COMBO pricing? Thanks."
This is combo pack pricing.
How would this work with a $5/$25?
YOU CAN COMBINE THE 5/25 WITH THIS IF YOUR STORE LETS YOU. THEY JUST PUSHED IT THROUGH AT MINE.
Thanks Anonymous! I follow comment 5. Please walk me through what exactly to do when I come to pick up my preorder of Beauty and the Beast. From what I understand, I will have the $5 deposit (which I didn't pay out of pocket), the $10 coupon and the $10 giftcard for preordering tinkerbell. So, I would owe $5 and walk away with Beauty and the Beast? How do I flip to get a deal on Toy Story 3?
Amanda, not everything is set in stone with Beauty and the Beast yet.
If we assume that the movie costs 29.99 then it would work like this:
29.99 - $10 pre-order for Toy story 3 = 19.99
19.99 - $10 coupon = 9.99
9.99 + Toy Story deposit = 14.99
14.99 - $5 deposit from the pre-order you made for BaTB when you bought Tinker Bell 3 = 9.99
9.99 - Tink 3 gift card = tax only
It makes sense to pre-order Toy Story 3 again even though you did the pre-order with Tinker Bell since the deposit of $5 allows you a full $10 off the movie (meaning they're essentially giving you $5 off for nothing). Even if you aren't picking up TS3 more than once, just do another pre-order.
The end result after buying Tink 3 and BaTB is the following:
1) Tinker Bell 3
2) Beauty and the Beast
3) 2X $5 deposits on Toy Story 3
Total price: $10 you put down on your initial deposit of Tinker Bell + Tax on both movies (tax may be calculated on full price?).
Toy Story 3 won't be out until November, I'm hoping there will be more pre-order deals when that one comes out. If not, it may not even make sense to redeem your $5 deposits if other stores have the movie cheaper.
Wow - thanks for the tips Anonymous! When I preordered my Tinkerbell, they said the giftcard could only be given when I by TB3. Is this the same thing for the BsTB and TS3? If so, how can I get $10 off for each preorder at the time of purchase of TB3?
jemelt, the gift card is when you pick up tinker bell but that one is different from the other two. Beauty and the Beast and Toy Story 3 give you a discount on another disney movie that you purchase at the time of the pre-order, which is why you pre-order those when you pick up tinker bell. The Tinker Bell pre-order bonus actually gives you a gift card which is usable on any product in the store.
Anonymous - Thank you so much for the fabulous deal and directions as to how to get it! Much appreciated for our young Disney fan!
First of all, the main ANONYMOUS person should designate another name to distinguish from other anonumous people like myself, unless they include their name/designation at the end.
I went yesterday, Monday, to reserve Tinkerbell and the reserve wasn't $5, it was $10. How is all this going to work out, Anonymous? If I go back to pick up Tink and reserve B&TB, I'll have to pay $10 again, not $5. And the same for TS3. Thanks. - Roger
Unfortunately the deal did not quite work out today. I originally paid $10 for my preorder of Tinkerbell. I went to pick it up today and preordered both Beauty and Toy Story. I left with both preorders, Tinkerbell and a $10 giftcard, but did have to pay $10 out of pocket (plus the original $10 for the preorder). Hope that helps everyone out.
Post a Comment