Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

11.18.2010

Thrifty Inspiration: Felt Flower Pillows

I've got a little confession to make.  I love making changes to my rooms that make a big impact.  I am a DIYaholic.  Tearing out sinks, drywalling and tiling are in my repertoire, as well as sewing and painting.  Complete room makeovers are expensive, so this year I am doing some small things to make my rooms more inviting.

If you read my post yesterday, you probably know I bought a cozy green chair and ottoman for my bedroom seating area.  I am tossing out a broken glider I bought six years ago when my son was born.  I have updated my bedding and need some throw pillows for the chair and bed.

Have you seen the prices of pillows lately?  A nice throw pillow can easily cost $20.  I am thinking five or six pillows would be perfect but I am certainly not spending $120!


With a little help from the Sue Harris Blog, I know where I am going with my pillow update!  I'll be buying some inexpensive fabric and felt and reusing some old pillows for stuffing!  I love the textured pillows in the back (top picture) and the felt flowers on the pillow in the front.  I'll be keeping this project under $20.

Thrifty Inspiration: Felt Flower PillowsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

0 comments:

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.