Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

2.28.2011

Giveaway: Fellowes Cross Cut Shredder worth $130!

All families face the threat of identity theft—especially during tax season. Government documents, medical bills and store receipts all contain sensitive information that can lead to this costly crime. From sifting through the trash to checking mail boxes, identity thieves have elaborate methods of stealing information from homes. The best way to keep these criminals from obtaining your personal information is by shredding confidential paper documents after use.

Fellowes DS-1200Cs is a great tool for preventing identity theft in a family- and pet-filled home. It features SafeSense technology, which automatically disables the shredder when hands or pets come too close to the paper entry. It also offers Cross-Cut technology, shredding a single sheet of paper into hundreds of tiny particles to ensure confidential documents get destroyed beyond recognition.

Fellowes recommends the following tips to help you protect your family from identity thieves, both during tax season and throughout the year, including:

  1. Update personal computers with firewalls and security software, including antivirus programs.
  2. Contact the IRS (800-829-1040) if you do not receive W-2 forms and other sensitive information by February 15, as this may indicate that an identity thief intercepted such documents.
  3. Send tax returns from a locked mailbox/post office to ensure thieves cannot get to it before the postal service.
  4. After filing taxes, shred any backup documents with a Cross-Cut paper shredder like the Fellowes DS-1200Cs.
Fellowes recently sent me the DS-1200Cs to try out and I was seriously impressed.  Embarrasingly, I had over 11 years of documents and bills that needed to be destroyed.  My sons and I went to work and gave this shredder a true test.  The shredder took on my paper pile with fury!  My boys had great fun with this and I love the safety feature of this machine!

The Fellowes DS-1200Cs has these great features:
· Features patented SafeSense® technology, which stops the machine immediately when hands or large pets come too close to the paper opening

· Offers Cross-Cut technology, which destroys a single piece of paper into 399 particles
· The DS-1200Cs has the ability to shred CDs, DVDs, credit cards and staples
· Is available at Office Depot and OfficeDepot.com for $129.99

Giveaway
Fellowes not only sent me one of these awesome shredders, they're giving one away to one of my readers!  The winner will be announced on March 5th.  Here's how to enter:

1. Leave a comment in this post and let us know what you currently do to dispose of your documents. Be sure to leave your email address so I can contact you if you are the winner.

2. "Like" Money Saving Madness on Facebook or follow on Twitter. Be sure to come back and let me know you became a fan/follower along with your email. If you already are a fan/follower, just let me know for an entry.


3. Tell your friends about this giveaway with a link to it on any form of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc) and then come back and let me know yo did for another chance to win!

4. Subscribe to Money Saving Madness via a reader or email subscription (confirm your subscription via email). Leave a comment along with your email to let me know you have done so.

5. Grab my blog button for your site. Leave a comment with your link.

This giveaway is being provided by Fellowes. They provided me with the Fellowes shredder, giveaway prize and all information regarding the product. All opinions of this shredder are my own.

Giveaway: Fellowes Cross Cut Shredder worth $130!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

118 comments:

Anonymous said...

I destroy my documents using a regular shredder. I would love this cross cut shredder!! I shredd everything that comes in the mail that has any type of info on it!

Shari said...

I haven't disposed of documents really... so this would motivate me to clear up some major clutter in my filing cabinet!

thecloutierfamily at gmail dot com

Shari said...

I like you - on facebook!

thecloutierfamily at gmail dot com

Busy Mama said...

I use a regular shredder. This one would be great!

Busy Mama said...

I also follow you on Twitter.

Unknown said...

I only do a small amount of shredding with a regular shredder.

Unknown said...

Liked you on facebook.

daron.j.holland at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

subscribed to your rss feed.

daron.j.holland at gmail dot com

A said...

I'm a facebook fan!

anne.priest.samples@gmail.com

FruGal08 said...

This would be perfect for shredding old credit cards!

FruGal08 said...

I'm subscribed to you thru google reader. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I use the shredder at work when i have a chance.

Anonymous said...

I Like Money Saving Madness on Facebook

stephanie said...

we have a regular shredder

s_laubach @ yahoo.com

stephanie said...

I subscribe

s_laubach @ yahoo.com

Lana said...

I have an old shredder that only cuts in strips and I am sure that if someone wanted to they could piece together shredded checks, etc. This would make me feel alot better about how I am disposing of these items.

Anonymous said...

This would be great for a program we're running for special ed students. We've just completed building a house for them to learn transition skills in and a shredder is needed for the program.

mericks2@hotmail.com

Melanie said...

I shred my stuff at work so it would be super nice to not have to bring them to work to dispose of!

pritchettmelanie@ymail.com

Rachelle R said...

we use a shredder but it's currently jammed so i would love win a new one!

rreyes62682@yahoo.com

Rachelle R said...

i like you on facebook

rreyes62682@yahoo.com

Rachelle R said...

i subscribe to daily emails

rreyes62682@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I wait until the great shredded event in our local area!
'
kimpsalm139@yahoo.com

Danielle said...

I would love to have this shredder! I am always in fear that someone will go through my trash and find personal information, even though I tear things up! I would love to be considered for this! Thanks!

lildlutz@gmail.com

Diana said...

I disposed mostly old documents with my personal information on it or blank checks that is attached to my credit card bills using an simple shredder. The with of the shredder is very wide. I wish it shred the paper into more tiny pieces.

happycoupon@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

currently I throw them in the fireplace but that will only work during the winter. Hope I win this shredder because I could dearly use it.

Jackie said...

I currently throw my documents in the fireplace for burning but that will only work for the winter. I hope I win this shredder because I could dearly use it.

Jackie said...

I subscribe in a reader to.

jackie said...

I follow you on facebook as well.

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor.com said...

I haven't destroyed much, but when I do I simply tear it up by hand, I could use a shredder!

cheese_e_monkey at yahoo.com

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor.com said...

I like you on facebook

cheese_e_monkey at yahoo.com

Alissa@CraftyEndeavor.com said...

I'm a subscriber via google reader

cheese_e_monkey at yahoo.com

Ang said...

I destroy my documents with a cheap shredder from Staples. angfairey c at hotmail dot com. Thanks!

Amanda said...

I have been a follower on facebook regularly.

amandarichmann@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

I also follow you on twitter.

amandarichmann@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

The only way of disposing documents for me is just tearing everything up by hand in hopes that nothing can be found.

amandarichmann@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

I subscribe to MoneySavingMadness via email.

amandarichmann@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

posted a link on twitter about your giveaway.

amandarichmann@yahoo.com

mailmichal said...

Right now, I usually use a regular shredder or rip stuff up. Stuff seems to pile up.
mailmichal@yahoo.com

mailmichal said...

I subscribed by email.

mailmichal@yahoo.com

mailmichal said...

I like you on facebook.
mailmichal@yahoo.com

Happy Save Camper said...

It either gets stored in file and then later deposit altogether with papers at my husband's work. They have a professional shredder. Sometimes I keep the papers especially if it doesn't have too much ink on it to compost.

Gina said...

Unfortunately, I keep my documents because I haven't taken the time to cut them up. I need to get rid of them. Thanks.

HOLLY said...

We shred everything.
hallbugug@yahoo.com

HOLLY said...

I FOLLOW YOU ON TWITTER AND FB
HALLBUGUG@YAHOO.COM

Anonymous said...

I just rip it in pieces!

hendershotwedding08 at yahoo dot com

HOLLY said...

I subscribe via email.
hallbugug@yahoo.com

Laurie said...

I bring my documents to work and shred while on duty!

~Laurie
theebargainhunter@gmail.com

mpierce said...

I try to cut them up or tear them up as small as I can but the big pages take too long.
So I just hold on to them forever.
I've been meaning to get a shredder - so this giveaway is perfect timing!!

Thanks!

mpierce0602 AT msn DOT comgam

Laurie said...

I follow you on twitter (theebargainhunter)

theebargainhunter@gmail.com
~Laurie

Chrystal said...

I currently use an old shredder I have.

chrystaljns (at) gmail (dotcom)

Anne Hall said...

We live in a small town and just recycle our documents at the dump

Anne Hall said...

I like you on fb

Cambria said...

I cut up all mail that has personal information on it if it is not needed.

cam8724@yahoo.com

Cambria said...

I also subscribe to your emails!

cam8724@yahoo.com

wdra0632 said...

We currently shredd our documents with a shredder that came over on the Mayflower. The bio-degradable ones we toss into the compost bin.

ellie mae said...

I shred by tear it up as small as I can. ha

I liked you on facebook, I already subscribe.

mamaoftwins_1997 at yahoo dot com

Nikkie said...

i use the scissors...i would love this

Kris said...

I usually just rip important stuff up into little pieces!
loveforcoupons@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

this would be awesome to have at home. I currently save everything that needs to be shredded and go to the local "shred events" 3 or 4 times a year. I am a fan on FB

enpsmom at yahoo dot com

PamB said...

I shread my documents with scissors and it takes a long time.I could really use this shredder to cut down on time so that I could spend more time doing things I enjoy..My grandbaby! Now a days you have to shred everything so that documents dont get in the wrong hands.I still have alot more to go..I love your site,always look at it everyday to see the new posts you have up.

Larena said...

I had a regular shredder that died a few weeks ago. Would love a cross cut one!

Larena said...

I subscribe via google reader.

THERESA E said...

WE CLEAN OUT OUR FILE CABINET ONCE A YEAR IN THE FALL AND WE ROAST HOT DOGS ON AN OPEN FIRE AND WE USE OUR OLD FILES TO START OUR FIRE WITH. WE LIVE IN THE COUNTRY.
I AM AN EMAIL SUBSCRIBER

Sunnie said...

We have a shredder but its super old.
sunniewoodyplus2@msn.com

Sunnie said...

Iam an email subscriber.
sunniewoodyplus2@msn.com

Shannon V said...

Had a regular shredder but it died so have been saving.
stvanover at windstream dot net

Shannon V said...

I like money saving madness on fb.
stvanover at windstream dot net

Shannon V said...

I shared on fb by liking this post.
stvanover at windstream dot net

Shannon V said...

email subscriber
stvanover at windstream dot net

Maria T said...

I rip them with my hand...:(
mtmomo09 AT gmail DOT com

Maria T said...

I follow you on twitter!
tw: mtmomo09
mtmomo09 AT gmail DOT com

Maria T said...

subscribed to your email

mtmomo09 AT gmail DOT com

Anne-Marie T said...

I take my documents to the office and shred them there. Would be so nice to have one at home.

amt(at)telus(dot)net

Anne-Marie T said...

Shared on Facebook (Anne-Marie T)
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=107292996016969&id=100000447518041

amt(at)telus(dot)net

Anne-Marie T said...

I subscribe to RSS feed-google reader- tbird946(at)gmail(dot)com

amt(at)telus(dot)net

Anonymous said...

I usually just rip mine up. Not a good way to destroy things, that's why I need this :)
NanJai4Him@aol.com

Anonymous said...

We use a shreddar too but it's bad...could use a new one!!

orrns@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Liked you on FB!!

orrns@yahoo.com

mclark1371 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mclark1371 said...

I subscribe to your daily emails

mclark1371 said...

I follow you on facebook too

kcmc59 at verizon dot net

mclark1371 said...

I tear the heck out of them by hand usually and it's a pain in the neck!

kcmc59 at verizon dot net

ArmyMomx2 said...

I liked you on FB

ArmyMomx2 said...

Currently I have a ever-growing pile of docs. If the backside is clear I print my coupons on it...

If the pile gets too high I pull out some of the less threatening stuff and toss at the bottom of my recyucling bin, then cover it with more stuff...

We have had a few shredders.,.but we tend to wear them out..

ArmyMomx2 said...

I have subscribed to RSS

ArmyMomx2 said...

I liked MSM on FB

April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...

I just tear my mail, etc into tiny pieces and throw it away. This would be even better.

April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...

FB fan.

Anonymous said...

I burn my documents in the fireplace but this shredder would be so much easier.
Stacey
souvlaki002@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

Currently I burn my documents. It would be nice to be able to shred them instead of having to keep them separate until we have a burn day.

cntrylivin4@aol.com

Ngelica said...

we dont get rid of our documents so we have a couple of boxes in the garage that need to be shreded.

Ngelica said...

I follow you on twitter. @angie_mtz

Shelby said...

I use a shredder to dispose of my documents, but it just died on me. So I'm holding out for a new one.

shelby winchell at gmail dot com

Shelby said...

I'm an email subscriber.

shelby winchell at gmail dot com

Jennifer said...

We do very little shredding..most of the time, I just rip up the pages - yes, not very safe...this shredder would be great to win. Thank you =)

Jennifer
jenn (dot) 1105 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Jennifer said...

I "Like" Money Saving Madness on Facebook ^_^

Jennifer
jenn (dot) 1105 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Jennifer said...

I subscribe to your emails ~

Jennifer
jenn (dot) 1105 (at) yahoo (dot) com

drmomof2 said...

I use a shredder, but it is not a cross shredder

drmomof2 said...

I follow you on twitter @drmomoftwo

hockey4no said...

I use a shredder.

englecoupon@gmail.com

hockey4no said...

I like you on FB

hockey4no said...

I like you on FB.

englecoupon@gmail.com

hockey4no said...

I told my friends about this giveaway.

englecoupon@gmail.com

hockey4no said...

I recieve your emails.

englecoupon@gmail.com

Jenn said...

I currently save many of our documents for fire starter. I always want to shred them but I haven't gotten a shredder yet.

jrosencr@gmail.com

Jenn said...

I subscribe via email.

jrosencr@gmail.com

Jenn said...

I 'Like' you on Facebook and follow you on Twitter.

jrosencr@gmail.com

tsgsusans said...

I currently tear stuff up into little pieces or make a pile and eventually bring it over to my mom to shred.

tsgsusans said...

I already like you on FB.

tsgsusans@yahoo.com

tsgsusans said...

Subscribe via e-mail.

tsgsusans@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I have a shredder now. But the paper gets stuck and I am looking for a good one. So this will be a good opportunity.

harigita@hotmail.com

Erika said...

I have shredding scissors, but they are horrible so I usually end up waiting until I have a chance to shred everything with regular scissors. And that takes forever. I would love to get a good shredder to do all that work for me! Thanks for the chance! MusingsfromaSAHM at gmail dot com

Erika said...

I subscribe with Google Reader

bhuebhue said...

I take my items to Mom's house and use her shredder. Sure could use one at home!

pmpamelann at gmail dot com

bhuebhue said...

I like you on Facebook and follow on twitter @ bhuebhue

Pamela M.
pmpamelann at gmail dot com

bhuebhue said...

email subscriber

pmpamelann at gmail dot com

Sarah said...

scissors are my method right now (very inefficient!)

sqpeterson at gmail dot com

Sarah said...

I subscribe via Google Reader

sqpeterson at gmail dot com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.