Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.10.2011

What's for Dinner??

It's chart day.  We are in need of a behavior chart for the kids, a chore chart for me, and a monthly What's for Dinner 'Map' to keep proper inventory and look ahead.  I'll be sharing the dinner chart and the entire chore chart plan in the coming days.

Here is our menu for the day....

Shrimp Stir Fry with Vegetables
Whole Grain Rice
Fresh Pineapple Triangles sprinkled with Sugar FREE Raspberry Jello

What's on your menu?  Inspire us!

What's for Dinner??SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

5 comments:

stephanie said...

This is my 7yo request:
beef tenderloin steak
Rice
Broccoli
Salad

I have found that in doing my meal plan, that my kids have very expensive tastes! I'm going to have to limit items for 1x/month or less! They are getting excited & want to participate, which is good for menu planning, but not for the budget!

momma-lana said...

I'm cracking up Stephanie! I used to tell them that we can't have that because it has not been on sale and is not in our freezer! My daughter who is home from college for spring break has inexpensive tastes-all she wants is pasta everything.

Chicken broccoli alfredo
Green salad
garlic breadsticks
strawberries dipped in powdered sugar for dessert

stephanie said...

Momma-Lana~ Thankfully, I purchase a whole beef tenderloin from our local butcher when it was 5.99/lb & they had a $5/20.00 coupon. So, I made out very well with the tenderloin (6 dinners~ 24 steaks for under 30.00)Way cheaper than going out for even 1 steak dinner. However, thinking I was going to save meals like that for "special" occasions was a joke! You would not believe what these boys in my house want to eat! Here are some examples: sushi, baby-back ribs (we go through 3 -racks), Pan-seared cod fillets, pan-seared perch. What happen to chicken, pasta, soups?!?!?! I may have unleashed a monster & have to reel them in. I'll keep you posted.

Aimee said...

Too funny. Maybe that is why I am letting my kids pick the theme meal once a week from now on. I am thinking pizza, tacos, pancakes - which they are sure to agree on.

Not steaks and shrimp!

Dawn said...

BBQ ribs

leftover shiitake mushrooms & farfalle pasta (from last night)

steamed cabbage

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.