Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.18.2009

Frugal Tip: Make Your Own Foamy Soap!

I thought I'd let you in on a favorite frugal homemade foam soap "recipe" that I started making about three years ago! This all came about because my kids love that "foamy" soap. I actually love it too because one squirt is all you need and it's not too much soap for little hands, or big hands alike! Current prices for Dial Foam are around $3.49 and Johnson's Foam Blaster at $2.95 and up. I can honestly tell you I have not purchased foam hand soap in YEARS due to this great recipe and all the great FREE dish soaps I pick up at CVS!

Here's what you'll need:
  • Dish Soap like Dawn or Palmolive -I like the scented apple or wildflower and always try to pick up the antibacterial varieties.
  • An Empty Foam Soap Dispenser
  • Water

Here is my favorite 18 oz. dispenser and soap:


And here is the very easy recipe:

Place 2-4 Tablespoons of your favorite dish soap into your foam soap container. Fill with water and shake to mix. THAT's IT!

You can even refill your favorite Bath & Body Works Foam Soap dispenser like I do in my powder room! This one is only an 8 oz. and my favorite scent to add to an apple container is...apple! Your guests will never know!


I hope you try this and I'm sure you'll find it a great money-saver! Happy soap making!

If you liked this tip, check out my frugal Time Saving Wrinkle Releaser recipe here!

Frugal Tip: Make Your Own Foamy Soap!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super great - kids can't waste regular liquid soap! My son has autism and can't leave pumps alone. With this foamy soap, he gets a lot without wasting a ton plus I'm not trying to help him rinse his hands forever!

Thanks for the recipe - now I don't have to buy the refills, just make my own. :)

Trisha Wheatley said...

Great tip, thanks!

Maggie said...

Thanks for this great tip. I have just been stacking up my empty Bath & Body Works foaming soap pumps in a cabinet because I am now too cheap to buy the refills, even the store brand foaming soap refills....when I can get Johnsons for free and Softsoap for .29..... BUT this is even better! I went and refilled all of them since I keep getting Dawn and Palmolive for .50 at various sales. =) WAY cheaper than buying the refills. I sent this link to my sister too!

Amy -Cutting Coupons in KC said...

This is a great idea! I posted on my blog with a link to you. I used the Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap (Pomegranate Splash) and made a bottle of hand soap today. Unless it is FREE or I need a new soap dispenser, I don't think I will buy hand soap anymore!
http://cuttingcouponsinkc.blogspot.com/2009/03/make-your-own-foamy-soap.html

Anonymous said...

Superb!!! --Michelle

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all like this - because I like it too! I'm considering posting things like this more often. What do you think?

Money Savin' Momma said...

Great post! We also did a foaming soap tutorial several months ago with pictures! It is a HUGE money saver. You can see our tutorial here:

http://www.engineeradebtfreelife.com/2008/12/how-to-hack-foaming-soap-dispenser.html

It is so easy - everyone should try it!

$ Money Savin' Momma $
Engineer a Debt Free Life

CJCOdell said...

You can purchase The Subs Pump from The Pampered Chef, which will help in the process of making the foamy soap, so if you do not have a dispenser try Pampered Chef's - www.pamperedchef.biz/jessicaodell! You can purchase it on my website!

HM said...

Instead of using dish soap, could you not use hand soap ??

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.