Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.09.2011

Aldi Produce Deals: $.99 Pineapple & More

There are some great produce bargains at Aldi this week.  Prices vary by store, so be sure to enter your zip code HERE to see what's on sale at your store. 

I personally LOVE Aldi specifially for their great produce buys.  I shop there every week just for produce, but occasionally try other items.  Last week I picked up a bag of Aldi frozen broccoli for $.99 because I was in a hurry and did not want to make another stop.  My husband detests a bag full of broccoli stems, and I was sure I'd be in trouble with this, but it was going into a recipe, so I bought it anyway.  What do you know, that bag was ALL florets and NO stems! 

What do you like at Aldi?  Please share so we know what to look for!

Aldi Produce Deals: $.99 Pineapple & MoreSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We really enjoy their meatballs. They are just as good if not better than the small meatballs you can buy at your local grocer and are much much cheaper. Thanks for posting this I'm headed up near Aldi's tonight and will stop in for some pineapple it's $1.69 here but still a great price.

Diana said...

ALMOST EVERYTHING!!! They're frozen corn is very good too, by the way. Their granola bars (chewy) are excellent! Their string cheese is better than other high-priced name brand cheese, in my opinion. Their deli pizza tastes WAY better than Wal-Marts and is cheaper! And their frozen cheese-stuffed ravioli is great too. Love to make it with just some marinara sauce and garlic toast (which is good at Aldi's too) :) Can you tell I'm an Aldi Fan??

Rebecca said...

I shop there weekly. My husband thinks their canned black olives taste better than other brands. We love the nacho cheese tortilla chips (fake Doritos), light string cheese, turkey bacon, pepperoni, produce, flavored pork tenderloins, sugars, flour, shortening, spices, pancake mix, syrup, boxed mac n cheese, frozen shrimp, and any canned vegetables.

momma-lana said...

Half and half at %$1.59 a quart. Sometimes their eggs are a great price other times not. We love their frozen limeade and lemonade concentrates in the summer. I buy most of my produce there, at our store it is very fresh. Their restaurant style tortilla chips are really good at only 1.19 a bag. Jarred garlic is a good price and I like the small size jar. Black olives in the can are the best price anywhere. Frozen salmon is a great price and I like the individual fillets. Hamburger and hot dog buns and bagels are a great price, I can't speak for their taste as I am allergic to yeast, but my family doesn't complain about them.

Michelle @ MSM said...

Thanks so much for all the items you guys like. I am making a list of things right now to try.

We do buy the string cheese and deli pizzas there and I do agree they are better than name brand/walmart!

Cherry said...

I also buy alot of my produce at Aldi. But the item I buy most is the frozen fish, Tilapia and Flounder are great and they are individually wrapped now so it is better for a small family.

stephanie said...

We buy the:
Gorgonzola cheese,
animal crackers (which taste just like the old McDonaldland cookies, from back in the day),
jarred/canned/snack pack peaches (when not on sale elsewhere), bananas. Recently purchased the allergy-blocker pillows, shower curtain bar - very happy with those.

The Aldis by me (Michigan) has just horrible produce. I have gotten so much bad produce there, that it's just not worth it, except bananas. Not sure what the issue is. Maybe it will be better in the summer & they don't store it properly. Plus, we have really good fruit markets here that run better prices on produce (maybe that's why their quality here is bad - it sits for too long). Honestly, I like some stuff but find that I can do better when I match up sales & coupons.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.