Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

6.29.2009

Aldi Deals

I'm a new Aldi Shopper and I must admit for two weeks in a row I've been super impressed with their produce prices! This weekend I compared the prices at Aldi with other local stores including Walmart. For milk, cheese and eggs, Aldi was $.10 cheaper. For me, not really worth the trip. But on produce, Aldi prices CANNOT be beat. Here are some of the things I snagged:

Fresh Blueberries-pint $.99
Fresh Strawberries $.99
Fresh Cantaloupe $1.49
Large Green Peppers 2-pack $1.19
Fresh Roma Tomatoes 8-pack $1.29
Whole Watermelon $3.99
Broccoli $1.29 each
Bananas $.39/lb

One thing I really like about Aldi's produce is that it is prepackaged in clear trays and wrap. That way I know the price without weighing and can inspect the full product with no hidden bad spots!

You can also buy Aldi brand chips/pretzels/tortilla chips for $.99-$1.29 per bag. I tried them and honestly could not tell the difference between name brands. I noticed that ground beef prices are considerably cheaper than other stores including Walmart.

If you are a new Aldi shopper you'll be happy to know that they guarantee the product. If you are not happy with your purchase, they'll give you a new product plus refund the full purchase price.

What are you buying this week at Aldi? Share your deals in the comments below.

Aldi DealsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

1 comments:

Shawn said...

I am so glad to have read your post on Aldi shopping! Like you, I had never had much luck in there! Well, I gave it a try again! and WOW! I got all that you listed plus some! The produce is amazing! The strawberries were delicious! and CHEAP! I also bought the bread for 0.79, celery 0.99, carrots 1.19, cucumbers 3 for 0.99 and crackers and cheese for 1.19 (the sticks that they dip in the cheese!) I tasted them and I could not tell a difference! The bread I was a little hesitant about because I am picky about bread but it was FINE! Just like any other brand! I will be making a weekly trip to Aldi! Thanks for the info!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.