Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.23.2010

Fun Giveaway: "Price is Right" Style!

Are you ready to have a little fun today?  Are you good with grocery prices?  We're going to play a game "Price is Right Style"!  Up for grabs is a complimentary BJ's Wholesale Club Membership good for a full year!

If you are unfamiliar with BJ's, they are a Wholesale Club that boasts 30% off supermarket prices.  Plus, BJ's accepts Manufacturer's coupons which they allow to be stacked with their own BJ's coupons!  BJ’s carries brand names found in grocery stores, like Land O’ Lakes®, Barilla®, Sargento®, Kikkoman®, McCormick®, Perdue® and Fresh Express®, plus an incredible selection of fresh produce and meats. BJ’s also offers products in an array of sizes, so smaller families can easily shop there without buying in bulk.

BJ’s has 187 locations in 15 states, and while anyone can play the game, you may want to make sure there is a BJ's near you, to be considered for the giveaway.  Go here to find BJ's locations.

To ENTER:

Take a look at the yummy Shrimp Lo-Mein in the photo above.  Then read the recipe below.  Consider the cost of these items, and what you might pay at BJ's.  Then leave a comment below with your best guess as to what this dish may cost to make **PER PERSON**.  The person who comes the closest without going over the correct amount, will win the membership!  If multiple readers guess the correct amount, the first person to comment will win.  Be sure to leave your email or link.

The winner will be announced later in the week.

By the way, I made this recipe for my family and they LOVED it!  It will be included in our favorite recipes file, and a regular dish at our house!
---------------------------------------------------
Shrimp Lo-Mein – Recipe courtesy of BJ’s Wholesale Club
A healthier version of a take-out favorite
Serves 4
8 oz. Barilla® Whole Grain Spaghetti
1 Tbsp. Kikkoman® Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Domino® Cane Sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh Ginger, grated
2 tsp. Argo® Cornstarch
1 lb. Berkley & Jensen® 21/25 Frozen Raw Shrimp, defrosted
4 Tbsp. Berkley & Jensen® Peanut Oil
2 stalks Celery, finely sliced
1 ½ cups Fresh Express® Cole Slaw (undressed)
1 Green Onion, minced

1. Cook spaghetti until al dente and drain immediately. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly. Set aside. 2. Mix soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, salt and sugar in large bowl. Add shrimp and let marinate for 20 minutes. 3. Heat wok or large, straight-sided skillet over high heat until very hot. Add 2 Tbsp. of oil. Using slotted spoon, carefully add shrimp to hot pan. Reserve marinade. Stir-fry until shrimp is just opaque. Immediately remove from pan and set aside. 4. Add remaining oil. Stir-fry celery, slaw and green onion until just tender, about 5 minutes. 5. Add shrimp to ingredients in pan, along with reserved marinade. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce boils and thickens. 6. Add spaghetti to pan and toss to mix. Remove from heat
and serve immediately.

Fun Giveaway: "Price is Right" Style!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

43 comments:

Nicki S. said...

I'm going to guess $0.37 per person. I have never eaten/purchased shrimp, so this is a total stab in the dark.


nickir18 at hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Wow this looks delicious! I'm doing my shopping today and we may just have this for dinner tonight!

I am going to guess this costs $3.85 per person.

ami03@yahoo.com

Elizabeth said...

I'll guess $1.42.

thriftybitch said...

I'll guess $1.25 per person.

Anonymous said...

I'll go with $1.89 per serving.

Teresa
dlhewson @ tidewater dot net

Christine said...

I am going to guess $1.74 per person.

cb.simmons@live.com

Anonymous said...

I am going to guess $3. It looks good!

grace472@ gmail dot com

Sharon said...

OMG!!! I'm such a BJs shopper. I always get caught up and end up buying things I had no intention of purchasing before going in, lol.

I'm going to guess about $2.75 per person.

sharonwest30@yahoo.com

Heather R said...

I think it will cost $3.21 per person.

Thanks!
Heather Ransom
thransom@gmail.com

Anne Hall said...

thank you for the great giveaway and the chance to win! My guess is 1.72 per sperson.

K. Boyer said...

I'll go with 1.97.

zinachuck said...

3.5 per person!
zinachuck06@yahoo.fr

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing $2.02 per person


akayalee@yahoo.com

rudie2shoes said...

I would guess $4.08 per person

LilKim said...

My guess is $1.46

nicole said...

Yummo!! Mu guess is $1.12 per person.
nicolealton@hotmail.com

Debbie said...

I am going to guess $2.41 per person. Would LOVE to have this giveaway prize!! Thank you so much!

sara said...

I"m going to guess $1.35/person - also never having bought shrimp!



blazingbeaver2@aol.com

Debbie said...

Guessing $2.41 - forgot my email

dfegley302@verizon.net

Becky said...

$3.09 per person

Anonymous said...

I would guess $2.35 per person. couponcrazee@gmail.com

Betsy Taylor-Cardwell said...

So my question is this, How many servings does this recipe yeild? I looked over the post and cant find it. AM i just missing it?? Hard for me to determine a price per serving if i dont know how many servings it produces.... Thanks Betsy

sarah said...

my guess is $1.72 per person

ssadler06 at comcast dot net

April @ PolkaDots n' PinkySwears said...

My guess is $1.00 per person.

april_vereb@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would guess $1.75 per serving.

Jakie said...

$2.09 per person

jakiemundell@gmail.com

Greg-Nancy-Mackenzie-Zach said...

I will say...$2.15 per person!

JC said...

$0.98 per serving!

tcarolinep at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to say this is tough because the packages are so big to divide this cost per person is tough but my guess would be:
$2.37

Thanks for the chance to enter!

MariaKalina@ymail.com

Anonymous said...

My guess is $0.97 per person. Good luck to everyone, there seems to be wide array of guesses. It will be fun to find out how much it really costs. SassySzy at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

I would guess about $2.60 a person. Everything at BJ's is in bulk... that's a tough one! Thank you!

mandypup727@hotmail.com

Christina

Lisa said...

I'm going to guess 3.13 a person! lpatentr@nycap.rr.com

Anonymous said...

$2.74 sounds like a fair price per serving, heck it is shrimp - yum! have to try the recipe thanks for sharing !

mary m
babymakes3@walla.com

Dawn S said...

I'll guess $1.79 a person. I haven't been to BJ's in a long time so I'm not up to speed with their prices!

Dawn S said...

My info didn't show up properly in my post! my email is striblin @ yahoo .com

drmomof2 said...

I will guess $3.14 per person.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking this meal would cost $3.25 a person. Just looking at the picture makes me hungry. :)

Marz04(at)verizon(dot)net

klhandyman said...

I'd say, if you are serving 10 people, about $2.00 a person, doesn't say how many servings it makes

Holly said...

I'll say $2.49 per person.

Anonymous said...

$2.24 per. serv. serving 6 people

susan said...

i would say $3.50 per person.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say $.38 Bob! scottpine@mail.com

Betsy Taylor-Cardwell said...

Im going to guess $3.48. Thanks Betsy imanascarmedic@yahoo.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.