I have been wanting to try Crock Pot oatmeal for some time now and I ran across this recipe. It is on tap for breakfast Saturday morning. I'm hoping it will be the perfect "healthy" grab & go breakfast as we head out before sunrise for another Saturday Swim Meet!
We've got lots of oats on hand from the Giant Eagle sales (FREE!). We're going to double this for five of us!
Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal
from Flavors of Fall (Gooseberry Patch)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 T. butter melted
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 cup quick cooking oats, uncooked
1 cup apple cored, peeled & minced
1/2 raisins *optional
1/2 chopped nuts * optional
2 cups milk
Grease slow cooker, then place all ingredients inside. Mix well. Set on low overnight about 8-9 hours. Serves 4.

5 comments:
I've made overnight oatmeal for years and the family loves it. It's great to wake up to a steaming ready bowl of oatmeal. Haven't tried the apple variety. Your recipe looks great. Thank you for sharing.
Yum! This sounds good - I'll try it.
Either my crock-pot has a very "high" LOW setting, or something is crazy, but I just made this and woke up to very burnt oatmeal. I am thinking I should have used old fashioned oats. It smelled wonderful though...and yes, I followed the recipe exactly. For those of you who have success, I am jealous.
This works best in a standard size crock-pot. I never had a problem until I bought a larger pot.
Has anyone tried this with regular old fashioned oats?
Post a Comment