Welcome to Money Saving Madness! This site is dedicated to helping you shop smart and save more! Here you will find coupons, deals and creative ways to save!

Don't miss any of my great deals and money saving tips by subscribing for FREE via email or RSS feed.

3.08.2011

Tips for Getting MORE Around the House:: A Giveaway

I certainly wish I had all the answers to "getting MORE around the house."  It is something I strive to be  better at everyday.  Here are a few things I work towards:

Getting MORE out of TIME

Get more out of your time by making a schedule or list of things you want to accomplish everyday and stick to it!

Getting MORE out of DINNER
Get more out of dinner by planning meals ahead, eating together as a family and shopping with coupons to eat well for less!

Getting MORE out of FAMILY Time
Get more out of quality time by making dates with your significant other and setting time aside for your kids on a daily or weekly basis.

Getting MORE out of MONEY
Be creative and stretch your hard earned dollars!  Get more out of your money by shopping for the best deals, by cutting monthly bills, and by doing things around the house yourself!

99 Days of MORE
Tony's Pizza is giving you MORE!  One lucky winner will receive a $500 Visa gift every day – to put towards anything they want – you could put this towards your grocery bill every week for a month!


GIVEAWAY
What are some of your savvy household tips? Tell us a very specific way you get more out of something by being frugal or by being productive.  The most creative responses will receive a full value coupon for any Tony’s Pizza product.

Just leave your comment in this post along with your email address for contact purposes only.  You can gain additional entries by telling us up to (5) savvy household tips that get you MORE!

Disclosure:  This giveaway is being provided by Tony's Pizza as part of my participation in their 99 Days of More Program.  I am a Tony's Pizza Brand Ambassador through a compensated Mom Bloggers Club member program.

Tips for Getting MORE Around the House:: A GiveawaySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
Print

29 comments:

Audrey said...

in order not to waste time at the grocery store, I previously make a list of what I am gonna buy and prepare all the coupons I am gonna use. That way, I don't buy what I don't need, don't spend too much time shopping, and don't get overwhelmed with the coupons. I just check out and have everything handy!

misspink_4@hotmail.com

stephanie said...

My son has several food sensitivities, which limits his ability to eat many prepared foods. However since we have pretty much eliminated pre-packaged foods, we have started to eat healthier. IN order to make sure we have snacks & meals that we need to grab & go, I have been "batch cooking/freezing" for several years now. THe kids look forward to this, eat healthier & put in their request each week for what snack items they want. Mondays:
1. make double or trip batch of healthy cookies, freeze into ready made scoops. Ready for popping in the oven 12 at a time.
2.Make 3-4 dozen of muffins & freeze. Kids eat them for breakfast, take them for snack or grab them for dessert. Since they are made with whole grains & low fat, they are getting a healthy alternative.
3. When I return from the market, I prep & freeze: Prep & season roast, chicken breasts, pork chops, hamburgers. Stuff peppers, make large batch of meatballs to be used in variety of meals.

stephanie said...

s_laubach @ yahoo.com
My son has several food sensitivities, which limits his ability to eat many prepared foods. However since we have pretty much eliminated pre-packaged foods, we have started to eat healthier. IN order to make sure we have snacks & meals that we need to grab & go, I have been "batch cooking/freezing" for several years now. THe kids look forward to this, eat healthier & put in their request each week for what snack items they want. Mondays:
1. make double or trip batch of healthy cookies, freeze into ready made scoops. Ready for popping in the oven 12 at a time.
2.Make 3-4 dozen of muffins & freeze. Kids eat them for breakfast, take them for snack or grab them for dessert. Since they are made with whole grains & low fat, they are getting a healthy alternative.
3. When I return from the market, I prep & freeze: Prep & season roast, chicken breasts, pork chops, hamburgers. Stuff peppers, make large batch of meatballs to be used in variety of meals.

momma-lana said...

I have a note pad on my fridge where leftovers get listed and then we cross them off when they are eaten. Very little gets thrown away now because we can just look at the list to see what is in the fridge.

lanavdixon@yahoo.com

momma-lana said...

I have a four week list of household chores. Things that need to be done every week like bathrooms and floors are done weekly and then I add in the jobs that bet done biweekly and monthly. That way I do everything including my baseboards and I never have to wonder what needs to be done. Each morning I just look at my list and do that days' chores. I also have a Mon-Sat laundry schedule that keeps me on top of the laundry.

lanavdixon@yahoo.com

momma-lana said...

I never grocery shop without a list and my coupons pulled out of my files. In fact if I forget to put something on the list I forget to buy it, which can be frustrating too!

lanavdixon@yahoo.com

momma-lana said...

If I am waiting for a pot of water to boil or some other waiting time in the kitchen I do a cleaning job in the kitchen such as scrubbing the sink, making a phone call, or straitening my paper pile by the phone.

lanavdixon@yahoo.com

momma-lana said...

I plan my meals on a wall calendar. This saves me time as I can look back and just move menus forward. If I do not use a meal that is planned I circle it and then it can just be moved forward and I know I have the ingredients. It keeps from having to answer the 'what's for supper?' question a dozen times each day too as the kids know where to find the answer.

lanavdixon@yahoo.com

faithplusnothing said...

I run half a load of dishes and then when I rinse I run the water in the dish filled sink and save water.

annwwins@yahoo.com

Jctcouponer said...

In order to make room in our freezer when we buy alot of Lean Cuisines or Smartones. My husband and I take them all out of their boxes and then tape a piece of paper on it telling us the instructions and what it is. We can pack twice as much in our freezer by doing that!
jctcouponer@gmail.com

Jctcouponer said...

My husband and I also about 3 years ago were trying to figure out a way to cut costs on bills. We then decided to start recycling, which was time consuming, but well worth it because then we only genereated 2 bags of trash per month! Yes I said 2!(the 13 gal trash bags!)
So we didnt think it was fair that our trash service didn't have monthly pickup. So we got rid of our trash service and since we don't live that far from my parents we take over our bag of trash every 2 weeks over there as well as all of our recycables, because their new trash service had recycling.(city wide had to switch)
Now we dont have to separate our recycables and they take more recycables then the other place we were taking it to!
So we have not had to pay for trash service for 3 years because we generate more recycables than my family of 4(my family doesn't put much effort into recycling)and that generates recyclebank points, so it all evens out!
I think that it would be cool if everyone did this and maybe join forces with their neighbors and just split the bill for trash service! As well as recycle!
jctcouponer@gmail.com

JenWadsworth said...

To get MORE at my house I...
1. scour my fave blogs to find deals
2. sign up for Houseparties to score more coupons and freebies
3. Plan ahead and cook ahead
4. Paln meals that can do double duty on leftover night so we don;t fell like "oh no not that again..."
5. Shop with my hubby to get more Quality time

JenWadsworth said...

To get MORE at my house I...
1. scour my fave blogs to find deals
2. sign up for Houseparties to score more coupons and freebies
3. Plan ahead and cook ahead
4. Paln meals that can do double duty on leftover night so we don;t fell like "oh no not that again..."
5. Shop with my hubby to get more Quality time

milicia98@yahoo.com

Jamie said...

To save time and be more productive with cleaning, I have started cleaning our kids' bathroom while they are in the bath. They are 16 months and 3 and they take baths together every other night. Twice a week, I clean their sink, toilet, mirror, and countertops while they are playing in the bath together (of course NEVER leaving the bathroom- I am never more than a few feet away and always have my eyes on them!). I'm finding that their bathroom gets cleaned more often and that I can still sing songs or talk with them while they enjoy some playtime together in the tub!

belljamieb (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tisha said...

tmfrogger78@hotmail.com

Tisha said...

empty half of a new bottle of shampoo into an empty bottle. add water to both bottles. Now you have 2 full bottles of shampoo instead of one!

Sunnie said...

When I go grocery shopping I take only the coupons Iam using and my list, this keeps me from extra spending.
sunniewoodyplus2@msn.com

Meghan said...

To save time in my errands I try to leave the 4yo at home. Especially when food shopping. I can make it quicker thru the store, stick to my list & organzie my deals if I am alone!!!

Meghan said...

Wash & reuse baggies. Do it all the time!

Jenn said...

When my children weren't using their burp clothes anymore I decided that I would find another use for them (they didn't look good enough to giveaway). I decided that I LOVE my Swiffer WetJet but not the refills. I decided to turn the burp clothes into pads that can be washed and resued for a long time.

jrosencr@gmail.com

Jenn said...

Our daughter decided that she would LOVE to have a desk just like Mom and Dad. She's just 2 so we decided to use an old end table that we had and weren't going to be using anymore. We setup her desk in the office. Then she and I went to work finding a pen holder (old can that was not sharp and then wrapped in paper). We found an old cereal box that we cut down and covered in paper, this became her book holder. She then went to work decorating them the way that she would like. We borrowed the her little chair out of her playroom and now she has a desk just like Mom and Dad.

jrosencr@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

I always check out deals, coupon match-ups, and print a list when going to the grocery store with my hubby! I get to save money and also spend fun times with my man : )

Jennifer
jenn (dot) 1105 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Maria T said...

i made a list of all the food i have in my pantry and shelf. It has name of food/number of food/if its open or not/location (specific ex.top shelf right side)/expiration date.

I take this when i go grocery shopping so I never buy multiples of what I already have :)

Hope it helps!

Maria T said...

I never go shopping empty stomached...
Because when you're empty stomached and you go grocery shopping you always tend to buy more grocery or eat out!!

Hope this helps :)

mtmomo09 AT gmail DOT com
(I forgot to put my email address on my first post... sorry!)

Unknown said...

I make lists during the week and coordinate with my husband.

anneliz702@hotmail.com

ACMommy3 said...

I do laundry a few times a week, when I can do several loads in one day...I always start with the lightest loads 1st in the day, because some have to drip dry and the clothing that does go in the dryer drys fast -- that way, #1, most drip-dry clothes will be dry by night and #2, the dryer will be hot and ready for my heavier loads, like towels or jeans, which are my last loads of the day and dry faster since the dryer's hot! Seems to make laundry day go easier and you save money by not having to run your dryer as long! creedamy[at] yahoo[dot]com

ACMommy3 said...

My young children and I love going to the library! But since we check out over 25 books plus DVDs and CDs, I don't want to worry about overdue fees or lost book fees. So we #1, have a designated shelf in our house just for library items to be stored on. #2, we have a rule that library items are enjoyed in the living room and kitchen areas only, so nothing gets lost in bedrooms, vehicles, etc. #3, we keep the Check-out list that our library prints out for us on a heavy-duty magnetic clip on the side of the refrigerator, so when it's time to go back to the library, we can check off everything as we place them in book bags, to double check that we have everything! And #4, we signed up for due date notices via email so we don't forget any due dates! creedamy[at] yahoo[dot]com

Unknown said...

I keep a freezer list so I know what I need to use up

Unknown said...

forgot m email- oops jbubolz-miller@hotmail.com

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.